Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Exhaust Tuning

ADVANCE

So i decided to build a custom exhaust. There are many ways i can go about it. I have the choice of going dual or single, and mandrel or crush bent. Ive chosen to go single since the added weight-to-hp ratio is a lot better then going dual (having the added weight of another muffler and piping just doesnt make sence). Ill also go mendral then crush (naturally) since i dont want any unnessesary restrictions in the pipe.

the problem with some exhaust like the HKS hyper is that during low RPM im losing power because the back pressure is low causing my flow velocity to also be low. I would like to get to a happy medium of no loss in low end torque and a gain on the high end.

Okay here comes the tricky part. Hopefully some of u can help. I want to find a happy medium between the back pressure and flow velocity. Also find a good medium where for high RPM vs. Low RPM backpressure/flow velocity ratio. What is a good amount of backpressure and flow velocity?

there is always a compramise somewhere with an exhaust, i suppose you could always try the first option, take a standard exhast and a hks exhaust. And basicaly work out the diameter to length ratio of each exhaust tube, then make a system with values in the middle.

that way you might get what your looking for or its a good place to start.

(speaking from an engineers point of view anyway).

for example, if the lex has a 40mm dia pipe and the hks has a 60mm dia pipe then make one at 50mm dia?

try and keep the bends in the pipe similar. there are all sorts of things you can do. but if you start in the middle of the two you just may stumble on the perfect solution

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links