Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS 430 Dash clocks changed (at last)

I had to bite the bullet and change my dash clocks over as I am due an MOT soon (long story short as my clocks were KPH only Mr MOT man said I would fail - actually 2 did and one of them was the supervisor) so, Northern Ireland rules and all that – first faulty lifts and then Covid meant no MOT since 2019. 🙄

I was worried as my steering wheel is not movable (failed motors) and I had visions of having to fix that first before I could get the clocks out – thankfully that was not the case. So, changing it over was in fact very easy and despite some sucking of teeth by a few local mechanics I found it was simply a matter of removing  the trim (two screws in the top of the black dash “cowl” then prising out and unplugging the two switch packs either side and not touching anything else.

I did not need to remove the covers behind the wheel and once I carefully (but with a little force) took the black plastic surround out I could see the 4 screws holding in the clocks. I was VERY worried I would drop one of these into the dash (done that before on previous cars!) so a lot of care was taken using a magnetic bit and they came out with no fuss.

Pulling the bottom of the clocks towards me it was a simple enough (if again scary for me) to manoeuvre them out far enough to get my hands on the single plug and unplug it. Refitting (as the old manuals say) is the reverse of the previous steps. Plug clocks in, sit back into dash, screws back in, cowl and then switches and trim bits and the 2 screws from the top of the pod.

I understand I can reset the miles with a computer at the mechanics?  but failing that I have the original clocks and photos of the previous miles but to be honest even though the new clocks show more miles I am not really concerned as I am keeping the car anyway.

So, that’s a major one for me off the “to do “list and well done to Lexus for making it simple 😁

Old.jpgOut.jpg

New In.jpgFinished.jpg

• Like 1

Great!

It's satisfying when you do a job like this, you fix the fault, save yourself some money and you know you have done it correctly without any loose screws in there some where

• Like 1

Especially the loose screws! One tiny thing I looked it up and I have had the clocks since June 2019 😳 Bought from lexus spares direct on fleabay - one thing I  noted is that the miles quoted when I bought it were 76,000 not the 126,000 on the ones I put in but its not an issue (and indeed too late to do anything even if it was 😄)  

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links