Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Failed Air Suspension

Hi folks, got in car taking dog to park,noticed the ride height was flashing off and trying the switch it didn't do anything, no compressor noise, luckily the car has settled level, have tried the switch under dash and pressing makes no difference, searched for info and read a few posts but couldn't find an answer so will be taking car to garage so they can read ecu and try to trace fault had car for over 4 years and would like to get repaired so anything I can advise garage to check, thanks in advance

1 hour ago, ChrisM said:

Have you checked to see if the height sensor rods are all intact ? 

What would I look for and wouldn't the compressor run if only for a second 

If it turns out that the compressor is faulty, if it is the expensive one fitted to the 3rd gen RX450h, I would see what alternative you can get outside of Lexus.  Following the return of my car from being rear ended, I noticed that the compressor was very noisy.  It was returned to the repairer who agreed it had been damaged in accident.  I was told that that would add about 2K with fitting to the repair bill for a new Lexus one but I think this was an upper figure.

1 hour ago, Barry14UK said:

If it turns out that the compressor is faulty, if it is the expensive one fitted to the 3rd gen RX450h, I would see what alternative you can get outside of Lexus.  Following the return of my car from being rear ended, I noticed that the compressor was very noisy.  It was returned to the repairer who agreed it had been damaged in accident.  I was told that that would add about 2K with fitting to the repair bill for a new Lexus one but I think this was an upper figure.

Hi mines a vintage 2004 model quick look on eBay and a new one was about £200 so not to bad, so off to garage tomorrow to book in and get checked out, thanks

57 minutes ago, asingood said:

Hi mines a vintage 2004 model quick look on eBay and a new one was about £200 so not to bad, so off to garage tomorrow to book in and get checked out, thanks

Well that's not so bad if needed then.  Strange pricing difference for basically unit serving same purpose.

22 hours ago, asingood said:

Hi folks, got in car taking dog to park,noticed the ride height was flashing off and trying the switch it didn't do anything, no compressor noise, luckily the car has settled level, have tried the switch under dash and pressing makes no difference, searched for info and read a few posts but couldn't find an answer so will be taking car to garage so they can read ecu and try to trace fault had car for over 4 years and would like to get repaired so anything I can advise garage to check, thanks in advance

So car booked in for Friday then went shopping after filling boot and going home it starts working and would raise and lower will still get it checked

Might be an ECU issue, like many owners recently experienced with power back door control unit (stop working, then suddenly start working again in warmer weather etc.).

Good luck and hope your compressor is back online for long.

16 hours ago, Vadim said:

Might be an ECU issue, like many owners recently experienced with power back door control unit (stop working, then suddenly start working again in warmer weather etc.).

Good luck and hope your compressor is back online for long.

thanks for info ,funny you mention tailgate as had some issues with mine also ,the mechanic i use used to work for Toyota\Lexus so has a working knowledge of these vehicles

On 3/10/2021 at 9:52 AM, asingood said:

thanks for info ,funny you mention tailgate as had some issues with mine also ,the mechanic i use used to work for Toyota\Lexus so has a working knowledge of these vehicles

So car was in this morning no errors, so whatever happened has cleared, happy days, so booked in next week for a couple of minor jobs 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, asingood said:

So car was in this morning no errors, so whatever happened has cleared, happy days, so booked in next week for a couple of minor jobs 

Great.

Worth a health check?

Can you now hear the compressor, go high and low etc., - all working?

On 3/13/2021 at 8:49 AM, PCM said:

Great.

Worth a health check?

Can you now hear the compressor, go high and low etc., - all working?

Yes, goes through all the setting, didn't realise how high it could go as never alter settings except on motorways

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links