Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RCF gone wrong?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202103109978547?model=RC F&postcode=gu528aj&radius=1500&sort=price-asc&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&include-delivery-option=on&make=LEXUS&advertising-location=at_cars&page=1

It was floating around on eBay but has made its way onto autotrader now. Whilst I can appreciate tasteful modifications and have seen some lovely additions on members cars, this just doesn't do anything for me 😕

Pretty sure that doesn’t have AVS as stated on the advert. 

I like the Orange but yes way too expensive for the year. 

I thought AVS was standard on RC-F, I mean it is standard on F-Sport already. As well Carbon has TVD as standard.

What it claims it does have, but doesn't is ACC/PCS, the LDA button would be split into two and there would be radar button on the wheel is it would be true.

The car isn't really ruined by mods, they are rather minimalist, but colour is not for everyone. As well said above, even considering low miles this is far too expensive for 2015 car. One could buy 2018 car with only 5k miles for the same price.

14 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

I thought AVS was standard on RC-F, I mean it is standard on F-Sport already. As well Carbon has TVD as standard.

What it claims it does have, but doesn't is ACC/PCS, the LDA button would be split into two and there would be radar button on the wheel is it would be true.

The car isn't really ruined by mods, they are rather minimalist, but colour is not for everyone. As well said above, even considering low miles this is far too expensive for 2015 car. One could buy 2018 car with only 5k miles for the same price.

AVS wasn’t fitted on either the RCF or GSF until late 2017 

1 hour ago, Linas.P said:

colour is not for everyone

I love the colour, I tried to buy my GSF in orange, haha! Just think the carbon, orange and then black pieces all don't go together very tastefully and despite having an aftermarket exhaust myself, this one doesn't seem to fit very well. Also noticed your Lexus model has changed from RC to none... uh oh?! 😆

7 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

... uh oh?! 😆

Exactly...

I am not saying colour is bad, just not for everyone. As for mods seems like easy to undo if somebody into it. "gone-wrong" is when that other guy put some crazy wheels and rainbow wrap... that was quite bad. In other hand it is not to difficult to rip wrap away and just put the wheels back. I guess what I am saying as long as mods easily reversible is not yet "gone wrong".

Lexus RC F: reality versus virtual reality - Lexus

At least he didn't have money to actually turn it into this (that would have been gone):

Forza Horizon 3 - Lexus RCF Rocket Bunny Edition (BlackPanthaa) : forza

Is this just an RCF carbon, with lots of mods? Or some kind of limited/special edition? Given the "500 bhp" sticker (tasteful) under the spoiler, I'm guessing its the former but the ad reads like its some kind of special ops thing..... 

Shame I can't find the eBay ad, was terrible and wonder if it is same seller. Guess it's each to their own, was merely a discussion point 🙂 agree on the price remarks though, bit steep. The car isn't listed on the advertisers website, part of me thinks this is a bit fishy or someones been robbed blind!

Yeah it's a carbon with some mods and yes mega overpriced. The eBay advert (now unavailable) was excessive and very misleading too. It was ripped to bits on the Lexus fb group a week or so ago, caught my eye that it was autotrader now, gut tells me something fishy going on.

5 minutes ago, Dave400SE said:

For £500 more you can get an 18 plate with 6000 miles from Lexus.....how on earth do they expect to sell the orange at that money?

Said same, thin... I guess they playing on "special car" or mods. Other tactic may be - you get there and they say "special just for today 15% off, just for you sir". So somebody may think they getting amazing discount, whereas they really just be paying the normal price or just above it.

And yes it is just normal RC-F carbon, nothing exceptional or optional. And as discussed it doesn't even have claimed ACC, PCS and AVS. The statement of "only 4 in this colour" is probably true... as there are just over 200 cars in UK in total. So realistically it is going to be very low numbers for each colour. I know that my previous RC was the only RC200t in UK with combo of Black/Red leather/Sunroof and ML. There were ML and sunroof, but not black, there were several black/red but either only sunroof or only ML etc. So when it comes to such rare cars it is not surprising almost every one of them are one-off of the particular spec. combo.

5 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

The car isn't listed on the advertisers website, part of me thinks this is a bit fishy or someones been robbed blind!

As it often happens with rarer faster cars.. it may be that traders made a complete bottom offer to private seller (say £25k) and they now trying to flip the car. Advantage of this is that traders can offer more finance options, PX etc. so for them it is easier to sell than for private seller.

5 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

(say £25k)

I would be inclined to agree as you're right dealers can provide more options, except it was advertised for the same on eBay a few weeks back but i cannot recall whether it was same advertiser as autotrader.

Apparently it's limited edition..🙄 misinformation baby. 

It looks pretty stock excluding the vent carbon, wheels, exhaust, and a dechrome, and that 500bhp sticker. 

The engine bay is stock. So I'd like a full list of what has been done. It is however hideously over priced. 

I do love the solar orange, like LOVE it. It was my #1 GSF colour but with only 2 (I think) in the UK I gave up.  I rather like the carbon panels by the vents. May consider doing to my gsf 🤐

4 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

I would be inclined to agree as you're right dealers can provide more options, except it was advertised for the same on ebay a few weeks back but i cannot recall whether it was same advertiser as autotrader.

yeah... but it still could be that they low balled it and now put-it up for same price. That actually happens quite often as well. I remember previously on RC-Fs in in particular - one day you see it listed for £28,500 by private seller, next day it is some motor trade company under exactly same advert with same pictures selling the same car for £29,500... and obviously everyone knows they they didn't bought it for £28... 

1 minute ago, Arnett said:

It looks pretty stock excluding the vent carbon, wheels, exhaust, and a dechrome, and that 500bhp sticker. 

Wheels are stock Carbon wheels, just refurbished in black (because that is cheapest), the vent as well looks like vinyl, if it would be proper carbon vent it would not be so flush.

funny enough I found very similar car in US, for a second I thought this is the same car:

2 minutes ago, Arnett said:

Apparently it's limited edition..🙄 misinformation baby. 

The engine bay is stock. So I'd like a full list of what has been done. It is however hideously over priced. 

I do love the solar orange, like LOVE it. It was my #1 GSF colour but with only 2 (I think) in the UK I gave up.  I rather like the carbon panels by the vents. May consider doing to my gsf 🤐

Wheels painted black, vent decal, front lip, side skirts, rear diffuser additions, 500 bhp sticker, strut bar in engine bay (to cope with the 500bhp sticker) and dechrome. Unsure if I've missed anything else?

Orange, grey then white was my colour preference...

6 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

yeah... but it still could be that they low balled it and now put-it up for same price. That actually happens quite often as well. I remember previously on RC-Fs in in particular - one day you see it listed for £28,500 by private seller, next day it is some motor trade company under exactly same advert with same pictures selling the same car for £29,500... and obviously everyone knows they they didn't bought it for £28... 

Perhaps a dealer pulling a fast one on another dealer, meme-able! 😆

Just now, hockeyedwards said:

Wheels painted black, vent decal, front lip, side skirts, rear diffuser additions, 500 bhp sticker, strut bar in engine bay (to cope with the 500bhp sticker) and dechrome. Unsure if I've missed anything else?

Orange, grey then white was my colour preference...

Orange, Blue, then either black or white. 

Yeah I don't even know what exhaust it is .. don't recognize the logo on it. Tbh though I can't judge my "mod list" will be hated by some (many) when I get an income 😅

Just now, Arnett said:

Orange, Blue, then either black or white. 

Yeah I don't even know what exhaust it is .. don't recognize the logo on it. Tbh though I can't judge my "mod list" will be hated by some (many) when I get an income 😅

Magnaflow - which I don't think make a 'specific' set up for the RCF, so likely a custom job.

Wasn't knocking mods, I have ideas spinning in my head all the time, just felt these choices didn't go well together (Orange, carbon and black), seemed a bit mish-mash. @mr2lad has multiple additons to his car and I think they look mega (prefer the black wheels though man haha).

What's on your to-mod list then @Arnett 😛

🤐🤗

Novel headers , GT Haus full exhaust, Novel full carbon aerodynamic kit, bag it, satin chrome wrap of any eccentric colour, andddd RR Racing super charger kit... 

Orange was my first choice when we were looking for a GSF back in 2017. They were very good value back then, but I just wasn’t sure if the Orange would get old after a while. Ultimately it just wasn’t the right time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arnett said:

🤐🤗

Novel headers , GT Haus full exhaust, Novel full carbon aerodynamic kit, bag it, satin chrome wrap of any eccentric colour, andddd RR Racing super charger kit... 

Take with pinch of salt 😉 plus I'm never super serious with my comments 😛

Are the Novel headers de-cat or not, can't remember? I approve of GTHaus (obvs, haha), Novel kit is probs my favourite of the bunch but I don't like any of them overall. Interested in the colour you choose, chrome is a bitch so get it done properly and the supercharger will make the car undriveable unless on drag strip, or bone bone bone dry roads 🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arnett said:

🤐🤗

Some serious money right there. Looking forward to seeing the result👍🏾

1 minute ago, F.A. said:

Some serious money right there. Looking forward to seeing the result👍🏾

1 minute ago, hockeyedwards said:

Take with pinch of salt 😉 plus I'm never super serious with my comments 😛

Are the Novel headers de-cat or not, can't remember? I approve of GTHaus (obvs, haha), Novel kit is probs my favourite of the bunch but I don't like any of them overall. Interested in the colour you choose, chrome is a bitch so get it done properly and the supercharger will make the car undriveable unless on drag strip, or bone bone bone dry roads 🙂

Well being unemployed and surviving off of the bank balance has seriously slowed me down, as I was meant to order the exhaust laugh month. But yeah it's about 20k. 

But with petrol changes coming in etc the charger idea may become pointless 

The novel headers are decat, and some of the notes you get on YouTube when paired with the GTHAUS it's just.... Wow. . Unparalleled. 

Colour, either purple, orange or a teal I think. Id happily go pink but the wife would kill me.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links