Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New owner, new member-LC 500h Sport

lloydweb

Hi everyone, new to this forum but I've been lurking for a while. Got an approved used LC500h Sport  last week via Lexus Bolton, and am VERY happy with it thus far. Wanted sonic titanium (like my previous RC300h that I've upgraded from), but the only ones in the country were miles away & not practical to view/assess. Black is my second favourite & that's what I ended up with. I toyed with the idea of a new one, but, like with the RC, as it would be cash, the initial depreciation on £90k+ went against the grain for me.

This one's actually sourced from Lexus Direct and is an exhibitions car, only used by Lexus Marketing, not even a demonstrator. Just 4100 miles on at 16 months old & immaculate, its got the ML sound system & HUD (which to be honest I find distracting and pretty useless!). Lexus Bolton were great to deal with, like they were with my RC, and managed to do a bit of haggling on the p'ex price and the GEN3 coating, which I would heartily recommend.

Feels a LOT faster than the RC, and, even though it's larger, it feels somehow smaller. I've only had it for a week but it's already getting a stupid amount of attention. Only ever seen a couple of others round here, and one of those was once-only.

I'll put up some more updates occasionally, but it's great so far, feels like a huge 'step-up'! Don't seem to be able to attach any images, not sure if it's a permissions issue for new members?

• Like 2

Hi and welcome.

Look forward to pics,something I have never been able to add to any forum.

I had a LC 500h for a 4 day demo before getting my V8 version.Very impressive,whichever model you choose.

Cheers,

A J.

• Like 1

Got it now, I was attaching them as .png files and they needed to be .jpg. That's not me in the picture, that's my dad! I didn't want the V8 as I'm not a sporty driver and didn't fancy the fuel bills!

IMG_1977.jpg

IMG_1982.JPG

IMG_1984.jpg

• Like 2

I am pleased with the fue l economy so far. For the past year or so I have averaged just under 30 mpg of mixed driving including many short trips due to the ongoing situation.Pretty good for V8.

Please keep us updated on your ownership of the car.

A J.

• Like 1

Thanks. Its a 3.5 litre V6 plus Battery. I haven't had it long enough to gauge fuel economy yet, but I'd guess it'll be high 20's to low 30's, whereas my RC was high 30's to low 40's. Buying it in winter with the aircon & lights on a lot of the time won't help either.

Ha! my dads real old school, he could afford several V12 Ferraris but thinks they're pointless & drives an ancient Merc. Likes my car though, I've yet to take him for a spin.

On 3/19/2021 at 3:26 PM, lloydweb said:

Thanks. Its a 3.5 litre V6 plus battery. I haven't had it long enough to gauge fuel economy yet, but I'd guess it'll be high 20's to low 30's, whereas my RC was high 30's to low 40's. Buying it in winter with the aircon & lights on a lot of the time won't help either.

Ha! my dads real old school, he could afford several V12 Ferraris but thinks they're pointless & drives an ancient Merc. Likes my car though, I've yet to take him for a spin.

I like your Dad Mike ! (see my Avatar)

Your engine is a development of mine and it is wonderful. Just enjoy your delightful car.

Thank you John. He's a very active and 100% mentally all-there 92 year-old at present! He's from a very poor background & old habits die hard. I'll be taking him for a spin in the next week or two. I myself am pretty frugal but I like having a nice car!

• Like 4

I thought I'd encountered the famous jammed fuel cap the other day. I was at a petrol station, hit the dashboard button to open the filler cap, went round to the other side and it was tight shut. Tried about 4 more times & was getting increasingly annoyed and worried. I then noticed that I'd been hitting the boot release by mistake for the previous 5 minutes! I seem to be getting just under 30 mpg after 2 weeks of mainly urban driving; the fuel tank is obviously bigger than the RC's was.

1 hour ago, lloydweb said:

I then noticed that I'd been hitting the boot release

You mean....there's a boot release!!!😲

(Just kidding.  I'll get me coat.)

On 3/21/2021 at 12:05 PM, lloydweb said:

Thank you John. He's a very active and 100% mentally all-there 92 year-old at present! He's from a very poor background & old habits die hard. I'll be taking him for a spin in the next week or two. I myself am pretty frugal but I like having a nice car!

Congrats on great car 👍👍. Really heart warming seeing pic of your good father may he have many many years of good health. My father is 98 years old mentally good but now struggling with movement ex British RAF was based in India. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know if a car with the GEN 3 ceramic coating is ok to be washed at one of the usual manual car wash places? Anything they shouldn't be using on it? They should be hopefully open again in a couple of weeks. I've washed mine myself once with the complimentary ceramic shampoo kit the dealer gave me, but just wondered if any members had any issues with manned car washes (not automatic ones).

Personally, I wouldn't let any of the manned car wash employees get near my car.  When you see them use the same sponge/mitt on the wheels, then the sills, then the doors without rinsing it, you know they are just grinding that grit into the paintwork.  Not to mention they drop it on the floor and then carry on where they left off....

• 4 weeks later...

Amusing incident on Saturday evening, I was driving along on a sunny evening locally, and stopped at some traffic lights outside a busy pub where (obviously) everyone is sat outside at the moment. I noticed some people looking at the LC, then drove off. 2 minutes later, I get a text from the guy at Lexus who sold me the car. He's sat outside the pub with his mates having a drink &  I pull up right in front of him in the car he sold me! He also said he heard at least two people say 'Wow is that a Ferrari?". 😀

26 minutes ago, lloydweb said:

Amusing incident on Saturday evening, I was driving along on a sunny evening locally, and stopped at some traffic lights outside a busy pub where (obviously) everyone is sat outside at the moment. I noticed some people looking at the LC, then drove off. 2 minutes later, I get a text from the guy at Lexus who sold me the car. He's sat outside the pub with his mates having a drink &  I pull up right in front of him in the car he sold me! He also said he heard at least two people say 'Wow is that a Ferrari?". 😀

Lovely story Mike.

I take it that you accelerated so rapidly and silently that they failed to observe the mythical blue eyed blonde companion ?

10 minutes ago, lloydweb said:

So mythical John, that she doesn't actually exist!😀

Thanks Mike for supplying the text book answer. What if all of us longer standing Members know she does ?🤣🤣🤣

Keep your head down, drive where you are not known and enjoy your very fine motor car.

Have you supplied the obligatory piccies yet ?

This gentleman prefers brunettes (though she doesn't exist either)!

I did post some pictures upthread, but I haven't taken any more recently. Will do in the near future.

• Like 1

Very interested to hear of your thoughts on the LC500H. I've just joined the forum in order to glean as much knowledge before I commit to the self same car. I'm really struggling to find anything negative about the 500 and this time I will be taking my time to choose the right model. Coming from Jaguar and BMW both of which serve me well but I fell in love with the 500 when it first came out. It's now at my price point and earmarked to occupy my drive.

Would really appreciate any views good or bad to show me the way. BTW despite what my signature says I haven't yet bought a car but needed something to complete registration!

Hi Brian,

Welcome to the forum.

Before buying my V8 ,I had the 500h on a 4 day demo and was very impressed to the point that I nearly bought it.However,I then drove the V8 and just had to have it.

I came from various new Jags(appalling quality) and then new BMW M cars,which were fantastic in all respects.We have just bought a new BM as our daily .

No doubt you will demo the Lexus and will be highly impressed with the quality and the unique design which makes you realise it is something special.

A J.

Hi Brian,

I will echo what A J. has said, the hybrid is great until you drive the V8.  Test drive both if you can so you can compare for yourself.  The hybrid will give you better economy but the V8 is still very economical on the motorway where you will easily achieve over 30 mpg.  I have only had mine for 2 days and like you fell in love with the LC when they first came out.  Only negatives I can think of is lack of apple CarPlay on the pre 2020 models and no 360 camera, other than that it has everything you need.

Regards,

Eddie

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links