Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS220d remove timing chain cover

It's hard to tell from the workshop manual. Certainly the engine disassembly procedure has the sump removed before the timing chain cover, but there doesn't appear to be any overlap between the two, so I think there's a strong possibility that you do not need to remove the sump first.

Why do you want to remove it?

You really should have a workshop manual before tackling anything like this - easily available on eBay.

Looking online and through previous posts it looks like there's an oil return pipe that runs inside the timing chain cover and terminates in the sump.  From this it looks like the sump does have to be removed first but as @johnatg suggests above, I personally would do a lot more research before attempting it

I have the service manual and it removes the sump , I have the cover ready to remove but it seems to be stuck at lower right side won't budge

Strange no one on the forum has done the chain cover removal .

Remove of the sump is not that easy as the access distance to frame means I might have to  have to lift engine to get clearance that's why I am asking before I do anything

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/26/2021 at 8:34 AM, jomjom3535 said:

I have removed those bolts still will not come off 

I'm at the same point it won't come off for me. Did you get it off eventually? What did you do? Does the sump have to be removed to gain access to the oil return pipe bolts? 

• 2 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links