Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

is300h Mark Levinson

Ive yet to be charged for a warranty claim investigation, in the 12 years we have owned a Lexus. This is even if the fault was not covered under the warranty. I’m guessing it’s at the Dealers discretion. 

3 hours ago, paulrnx said:

Don’t forget that any fault that is found within the first three months of ownership is deemed to have been there at time of purchase. A fault like this would certainly fall into this category. I’d likely refuse to pay an investigation charge because I would counter that the fault was there at purchase and has to be fixed. It would be a choice for the dealer whether to claim on the warranty or to just do the repair themselves. Key to this will be that is a permanent and easily reproducible fault rather than one of those annoying intermittent ones that come and go. Good luck with repair, I’m sure that Lexus / dealership will do the right thing. This is one of the reasons I drive a Lexus.

Hopefully be a straight forward fix. I have narrowed it down to the drivers door speaker. Whenever a song has some bass you can hear a crackle, and is now very irritating.  I had ML in my old 220d and never had this issue, and I am a bit of an audiophile so picked up on it straight away.

My only worry now is will they replace with a genuine ML speaker... or just put a lesser quality speaker in hoping I wouldn't know.

3 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Paul, it is within 6 months of purchase.

Thought it was three months John hence why used car dealers were required to give a minimum three months warranty. Thanks for confirming 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gossy1988 said:

Hopefully be a straight forward fix. I have narrowed it down to the drivers door speaker. Whenever a song has some bass you can hear a crackle, and is now very irritating.  I had ML in my old 220d and never had this issue, and I am a bit of an audiophile so picked up on it straight away.

My only worry now is will they replace with a genuine ML speaker... or just put a lesser quality speaker in hoping I wouldn't know.

Like for like replacement I’m sure

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links