Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Listers paint and interior protection

Hi all,

looking at a car in a Listers dealership. Offered paint and interior protection. Worth it or not? 

interior protection was around £90 the paint was priced at a lot more. 

Im tempted for the interior protection as it was said to be life time protection. 

Me - no...

Not sure anything is for life?

You can always get it cheaper elsewhere if you change your mind.

• Like 1

Personally I wouldn't bother, Lexus paint is supposed to have a self repairing layer this is detailed in the manual:

Self-restoring coat
The vehicle body has a self-restoring coat-ing that is resistant to small surface scratches caused in a car wash etc.
●The coating lasts for 5 to 8 years from when the vehicle is delivered from the plant.
●The restoration time differs depending on the depth of the scratch and outside tem-perature.The restoration time may become shorter when the coating is warmed by applying warm water.
●Deep scratches caused by keys, coins, etc. cannot be restored.

So I'm not so sure any exterior coating is worth paying for (personally I bought both but it was after purchasing that I learnt about the self restoring coat so I probably wouldn't bother again). Maybe see what the folks in the  "Lexus Car Care & Detailing" forum on here reckon? I have seen various posts about SupaGuard after purchasing which make the point that it's a means of bumping the salesmans commission.

The same can also be said of Gap insurance (I bought mine for half the price the dealership wanted from ala (I think honestjohn.co.uk have a discount code)

On the other hand I live on the A2 (near new cross) so my car gets dirty within a day or two parked on the driveway which makes keeping the car clean a bit of thankless task, so I'm not into doing all the detailing work and hence I may be the wrong person to comment.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links