Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS 300h Sat Nav - No GPS

Good evening all,

very recently picked up my IS from Stockport (exceptional customer service), and I absolutely love it. Best car I’ve ever had the pleasure of driving. 

Unfortunately I have ran into an issue with the sat nav, where by there is a little GPS symbol with a strike through it, image attached. I have tried recalibration  but to no avail. However I did notice that the maps were horrifically out of date, 2015... somehow older than my car itself. 

Surely a GPS signal is not dependant upon maps being up to date? Or is this a deeper issue?..

Many thanks for any replies. 

3D4793D4-A4C6-4CA1-ABAF-BC430A99EDE8.jpeg

7 minutes ago, AlexIS300h said:

Good evening all,

very recently picked up my IS from Stockport (exceptional customer service), and I absolutely love it. Best car I’ve ever had the pleasure of driving. 

Unfortunately I have ran into an issue with the sat nav, where by there is a little GPS symbol with a strike through it, image attached. I have tried recalibration  but to no avail. However I did notice that the maps were horrifically out of date, 2015... somehow older than my car itself. 

Surely a GPS signal is not dependant upon maps being up to date? Or is this a deeper issue?..

Many thanks for any replies. 

3D4793D4-A4C6-4CA1-ABAF-BC430A99EDE8.jpeg

The maps were probably the originals with the car and so could also be a year or so older than the car. However they should still work (my car is 2014 and original maps that still work OK). The error looks like a problem with the GPS receiver - as you have just bought the car from Lexus maybe best to take it to them to investigate. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AlexIS300h said:

No, you should still get a GPS signal.

You need to go into the service mode to check if Satellites are being picked up:

• Like 1

Get it back to the dealership surely? Don’t mess about with anything just book it in and say the satnav isn’t working. I presume it’s not because no gps signal.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, AlexIS300h said:

Thank you all, I will take it back to the dealer. It was a Select Used car, so will be covered.

Good luck. I’m sure they’ll look after you.

4 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

Good luck. I’m sure they’ll look after you.

I’m sure. Very impressed with them already! First Lexus at 21, more to come in my life for sure! 😀

49 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

You are one lucky boy Alex. What did you have previously ?

I had an Alfa Romeo Mito before. Will always be my first love, but she was too expensive to run... guzzled petrol!

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links