Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

lexus tyre repair bottle

Hi there, 

I had a puncture and used the tyre repair kit for my back tire, similar to this one - 

https://www.google.com/search?q=lexus+tyre+repair+bottle&biw=2558&bih=1359&tbm=shop&ei=vBrHYMnCJ6-OjLsPu7ObuAQ&oq=lexus+tyre+repair+bottle&gs_lcp=Cgtwcm9kdWN0cy1jYxADMgcIIRAKEKABOgUIIRCgAToECAAQQzoICAAQsQMQgwE6AggAOgQIABAYOggIABAWEB4QGDoGCAAQDRAYOgoIIRAWEB0QHhAYUNeQAVi6qQFg_6kBaABwAHgAgAGrAYgB5heSAQQwLjI0mAEAoAEBwAEB&sclient=products-cc&ved=0ahUKEwjJkOS94ZbxAhUvB2MBHbvZBkcQ4dUDCAs&uact=5

I only want to purchase the bottle (refill can) and reuse the existing compressor.  Does anyone know exact make and model of that repair kit bottle? The bottle has to fit the compressor.

Little info is on the actual bottle and the compressor, except for guidance on use. 

Many thanks!

I think if the bottle has to fit the compressor Lexus are the only place you're likely to get one (at an eye watering price) Someone please correct me!!

You were lucky that the goo worked, as I understand the chemical used  has a use by date which probably expired with the warranty. I really am against the prevalance of these repair kits, they are just  something  to cost us more money. The repair is only  temporary, nobody will repair a tyre filled with goo, they can gum up your TPMS sensors and they are only any use on small punctures. Anything larger such as might be caused by a pot hole cannot be fixed, needs a new tyre and a recovery call out. My current RX has a space saver spare and I'm afraid if it only came with a repair kit I wouldn't have bought it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Keep being told at my services and recent health check that my kit is out of date (2019). I carry a space saver spare which takes up a bit of boot space but can’t see the point of replacing the repair kit as I will never use it.

1 hour ago, 08ISF said:

You were lucky that the goo worked, as I understand the chemical used  has a use by date which probably expired with the warranty. I really am against the prevalance of these repair kits, they are just  something  to cost us more money. The repair is only  temporary, nobody will repair a tyre filled with goo, they can gum up your TPMS sensors and they are only any use on small punctures. Anything larger such as might be caused by a pot hole cannot be fixed, needs a new tyre and a recovery call out. My current RX has a space saver spare and I'm afraid if it only came with a repair kit I wouldn't have bought it.

Spot on, Graham.  These Inflation Kits can cause more problems than they resolve.  A SpaceSaver is the way to go.

On a belt-and-braces principle I also fitted Run Flats.  If punctured they have the same performance limitations as a SpaceSaver but at least you don’t have to change the wheel.  However, even if you were prepared to use a repaired Run Flat tyre (I’m not keen) most tyre repairers won’t touch them on the grounds that they can’t know the conditions under which it has been driven. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links