Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Addition To The Family!

Hi guys, I have just bought a 1995 mkIII LS400 in gold with beige leather interior. I don't pick her up for a couple of weeks but I could do with knowing the answers to a few questions I have about her.

The display on the dash is fine, but the display on the radio is total gibberish - is this an easy thing to replace? Everything else works fine on the radio, it is just the display.

The car is fitted with phones in the armrests front and rear, what do I need to do to get them working? They are both BT phones but the guy who sold it to me said he thought they worked on Vodafone. Anyone shed any light on this?

Does the mkIII LS have a total closure alarm? This was about the only thing I did not check on the test drive!

I look forward to getting involved with the club and hope to make some meets soon.

Cheers guys, Andy :)

Congratulations Andy!

I own a 95 MKIII which also has an (original Lexus) phone in the front armrest. I had problems making it work coz of the network on which the phone operates. I found one provider in Holland that supplies such a network (900/1800 over here but that is probably different in the UK;ask your dealer). I took my car there and they placed the SIM-card in the telephone-unit in the trunk. NB: Not in the phone itself in the armrest; a SIM-card fittes in there allright but that doesnt make the phone work!!!

The telephone unit (in my car) is positioned on the bottem of the trunk, at the right side. You should stick your SIMcard in that unit somewhere. There is no extra SIMcard needed for the telephone in the armrest.

Well, all of the above was in case of my car. I hope it can help you with making your phone (ahum, sorry, phoneS :yawn: ) work.

In the meanwhile; enjoy your buy! I own mine for 6 months now and it (she haha) is the best car I ever drove. Enjoy it every day, hope you will too!

About the display, sorry cant help you. About the alarm; what do you mean by a total losure alarm?

Cheers, Speedy J

Holland

Thanks for the welcome guys, much appreciated :)

Does no-one know about the radio display problem? :crybaby:

By total closure, I meant that if the windows or sunroof are left open an then you lock the car from the keyfob, does it shut the windows and sunroof automatically?

• 3 weeks later...

Either learn what the buttons are for and ignore the (heat faded) LCD screen on the stereo, (cheap option!) or get Lexus to replace -pricy option!

My BMW 850 would magically close ALL the windows when you locked up the car, but not the LS400. (But my 850 cost me £2000 in 12months in repairs, but the Lexus-touch wood- has only cost a service (and time related cam belt) in that time and is smoother, nearly as fast, nice to cruise in.........

My BMW 850 would magically close ALL the windows when you locked up the car, but not the LS400.

Hhhmmmm a 50k motor and no Full closure :angry:

My 20k IS has it.. :whistling::whistling:

A....A.....Fancy dissing the baby LS400....

The IS200 was just a twinkle in LEXUS eye when the "LS 400" put THE BRAND LEXUS on the WORLD map...

You...me were all driving Toyotas if you want to be like that. :D :D :D :D :D

My BMW 850 would magically close ALL the windows when you locked up the car, but not the LS400.

Hhhmmmm a 50k motor and no Full closure :angry:

My 20k IS has it.. :whistling::whistling:

A....A.....Fancy dissing the baby LS400....

The IS200 was just a twinkle in LEXUS eye when the "LS 400" put THE BRAND LEXUS on the WORLD map...

You...me were all driving Toyotas if you want to be like that. :D :D :D :D :D

Would'nt dare to diss the Lexus marque.

But there are some things you expect in life when paying loads for a refined car but without full closure..Tst Tst Tst....shame on Lexus/Toyota

But there are some things you expect in life when paying loads for a refined car but without full closure..Tst Tst Tst....shame on Lexus/Toyota

This is a 10 year old car. The latest LS has it although I must admit it's almost a complete waste of time. Why would you want to open your windows when you have one of the most advanced climate control systems?

Used it only two or three times on my GSs in the last 3 years and that was only to test it works.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links