Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content


Sat nav


Recommended Posts

Two questions for anyone with knowledge of sat nav. I have the 10.2 sat nave with heads up display. Question one can you get the sat nav to give you a warning that you are coming upto a camera, I got flashesd today and did not see the camera. Question two and this is really bugging me can you set the sat nav display so it stops zooming in and out and holds what you like. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


As no-one has yet appeared to answer your question, I take it that you haven’t found the answers in the car’s Navigation manual.

If you don’t have one, it can be downloaded from the Lexus.co.uk site.

I don’t know if your system is radically different from my older version, but the Lexus Sat nav does not have many admirers.  Personally I use my Garmin, others use their phones, in preference.  Your system may also need its database updating, which is a dealer job for which they charge a significant sum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi @Senna the OEM satnav in my 2018 NX has the functionality to warn me when I'm approaching a speed camera however the volume of the alerting "beep" is so quiet that it can't be heard over road and engine noise. I've tried to work out how to increase the volume of this but to no avail. Instead I use a navigation app on my Android phone called TomTom Amigo which provides clear, spoken, warnings through the car's speakers via Bluetooth. Maybe check that out if you have an Android phone (not sure if there is an Iphone equivalent).

I no longer use the OEM satnav (since the retrofit of Android Auto) so can't help you with your second question I'm afraid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


On 7/25/2021 at 6:43 PM, Senna said:

Two questions for anyone with knowledge of sat nav. I have the 10.2 sat nave with heads up display. Question one can you get the sat nav to give you a warning that you are coming upto a camera, I got flashesd today and did not see the camera. Question two and this is really bugging me can you set the sat nav display so it stops zooming in and out and holds what you like. 

@Sennapersonally I’d find out if your NX can have the apple Car Play / Android Auto software upgrade, which costs about £80 at a Lexus dealer (and some have got it free with a service I believe). That resolves both issues if you then use Waze or a similar application rather than the standard Lexus system.

My NX standard navigation did indeed zoom out automatically after a while even if I zoomed it in. I couldn’t find a setting to stop that happening. As others have said, speed cameras give a ‘double beep’ as standard, but not at a very high volume. Even so, I almost always heard it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To stop the map auto zooming, I think this should work:

Go to:

Setup

Navigation

Map

And turn automatic map zoom to off.

Thanks,

Paul

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Just picked up a 2018 and haven't fully investigated yet but the Sat Nav does seem out of date / flaky . I intend to download / upload latest maps as soon as I get a clean USB stick.

If I get the Android Auto upgrade will HUD still work for Navigation ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Lexulous said:

Just picked up a 2018 and haven't fully investigated yet but the Sat Nav does seem out of date / flaky . I intend to download / upload latest maps as soon as I get a clean USB stick.

If I get the Android Auto upgrade will HUD still work for Navigation ?

Unfortunately not. AA/ACP does not drive the HUD directions display.

Paul

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Lexulous said:

Just picked up a 2018 and haven't fully investigated yet but the Sat Nav does seem out of date / flaky . I intend to download / upload latest maps as soon as I get a clean USB stick.

If I get the Android Auto upgrade will HUD still work for Navigation ?

2018MY should be able to be upgraded to AA/ACP on the main screen but unfortunately not connected to the HUD as already identified. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/4/2021 at 6:36 PM, Ken R said:

2018MY should be able to be upgraded to AA/ACP on the main screen but unfortunately not connected to the HUD as already identified. 

Hi if you 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi all if there is a beep I cannot and have not heard one. Been through all the setting and cannot find anything that references the camera warning sound or voice.

I like the head up display and like to keep it and as stated you have to keep there system to use it. 
The nav software I am running I think is 2018 has anyone got the 2021 version and is this better and does it have a warning for upcoming cameras and what did you pay for it at your local dealership.

or is there an alternative that will

still give you the heads up display and better maps a warnings. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Senna said:

Hi all if there is a beep I cannot and have not heard one. Been through all the setting and cannot find anything that references the camera warning sound or voice.

I like the head up display and like to keep it and as stated you have to keep there system to use it. 
The nav software I am running I think is 2018 has anyone got the 2021 version and is this better and does it have a warning for upcoming cameras and what did you pay for it at your local dealership.

or is there an alternative that will

still give you the heads up display and better maps a warnings. 

Hi,

There have been issues with speed camera notifications recently if an over the air map update has been done.  This may be why you were not getting the double beep.

If you do a clean map install of 2021v1 (the latest) on a usb stick, then if this was the issue, it should start working again.  See my post on this here:

 

Worst case is it doesnt fix it, but at least you have the up to date maps.

I also like the directions on the heads up display.

Paul

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership