Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LOC 'F' Stand @ JapFest 2022?

That's brill guys,

Please find below a link to the Japfest website that goes through some T/C's and some understanding of the process.

I've sent off an application for a club code. Just waiting to hear back

https://www.fastcar.co.uk/japfest-silverstone/js-club-tickets/

• Like 1

Hi Rob, pretty much mate, we're allocated a plot of land to display our cars on and to make our own for the day. We can take Banners, Gazebo's etc as long as the the risk assessment paperwork is completed for it. BBQ's are allowed as long as they're contained and hosed with water once finished with.

• Like 1

The club name and code have been generated for our stand. I've sent it in direct messages to those that have said they're interested/coming. along with the booking guide. Anyone else that wants to join, let me know on here and I will forward the information to you. 👍

Proper looking forward to it😈😈 

On 2/11/2022 at 1:37 PM, 4969_LXS said:

Hi Rob, pretty much mate, we're allocated a plot of land to display our cars on and to make our own for the day. We can take Banners, Gazebo's etc as long as the the risk assessment paperwork is completed for it. BBQ's are allowed as long as they're contained and hosed with water once finished with.

Barbeque might be a bit ambitious for April!

Count me in though, I'll bring the RCF.

On 2/11/2022 at 1:29 PM, Rob RCF said:

I've never been to Japfest, what exactly does a club stand entail? Is that how you exhibit your car rather than just leaving it in the car park?

Many moons ago when it was held at Castle Coombe you could take your car round the track, there were excellent displays on track in fact loads of things going on. I took my RX7 round the track a few times.

In those days there was always a Police checkpoint on the road out checking number plates, caught a lot of them if I remember correctly. I had a very small front number plate that read H1 RXT which I'd altered slightly to read Hi RX7 (juvenile I know) I got away with it because the small number plate was a moulded in feature of the car but it did waste a lot of time grovelling.

DSC00279.jpeg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, B1RMA said:

Many moons ago when it was held at Castle Coombe you could take your car round the track, there were excellent displays on track in fact loads of things going on. I took my RX7 round the track a few times.

In those days there was always a Police checkpoint on the road out checking number plates, caught a lot of them if I remember correctly. I had a very small front number plate that read H1 RXT which I'd altered slightly to read Hi RX7 (juvenile I know) I got away with it because the small number plate was a moulded in feature of the car but it did waste a lot of time grovelling.

DSC00279.jpeg

Nice car! Years ago I knew the owner of the Dorset Japanese Car Club and he had a black RX7. One time he took me out for a drive in it, not the fastest thing by todays standards, but still a memorable drive as it was probably my first time in a legit sports car. We got a clear run on the dual carriage way and he put his foot down, the thing had no trouble pulling at higher speeds and felt very stable as it did so. I just remember the power being super smooth and linear. Special feeling car. I was driving a Honda CRX at the time, so an RX7 was practically an exotic car to me.

20 minutes ago, Rob RCF said:

Nice car! Years ago I knew the owner of the Dorset Japanese Car Club and he had a black RX7. One time he took me out for a drive in it, not the fastest thing by todays standards, but still a memorable drive as it was probably my first time in a legit sports car. We got a clear run on the dual carriage way and he put his foot down, the thing had no trouble pulling at higher speeds and felt very stable as it did so. I just remember the power being super smooth and linear. Special feeling car. I was driving a Honda CRX at the time, so an RX7 was practically an exotic car to me.

I spent a fortune on it with engine re-builds, suspension upgrades etc. I kept with twin turbos that were uprated as I felt the big single turbo was a bit unsubtle with the power delivery.

It was at Castle Coombe that I realised It needed a front V Mount to keep it cooler as it got a bit too hot going round the circuit.

For Japanese car lovers it's heaven.

2 hours ago, B1RMA said:

I spent a fortune on it with engine re-builds, suspension upgrades etc. I kept with twin turbos that were uprated as I felt the big single turbo was a bit unsubtle with the power delivery.

It was at Castle Coombe that I realised It needed a front V Mount to keep it cooler as it got a bit too hot going round the circuit.

For Japanese car lovers it's heaven.

And on top of that I bet fuel economy was similar or worse than the RCF? Have you still got it?

No, the last time I saw it it was draped in scantily clad young ladies at the central display at Japfest. 
I must have come across as a bit strange because I ignored the girls and was more interested in my old car

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, B1RMA said:

No, the last time I saw it it was draped in scantily clad young ladies at the central display at Japfest. 
I must have come across as a bit strange because I ignored the girls and was more interested in my old car

'There you are my beauty... no not you love, the car!'

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 2/11/2022 at 1:37 PM, 4969_LXS said:

According to the ticket “No barbecues or open fires are allowed on site during the event” 

• Like 1

We currently have a stand, I've sent the code to 6 people, myself makes up the 7th. If anyone knows anyone else that would like to join. Please get them to get in touch before 10th March. The 14th March is the cut off date so I've factored in some wiggle room time.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links