Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ct200h rear bumper repair/replacement

elmexicano

Dear All,

Just wanted ti ask your opinion and would be great if you'd experienced anything similar in the past. I had an unfortunate accident which resulted in my CT200h rear bumper damaged. It might eventually need replacement. Brake and fog lights function as normal and the damage is only cosmetic. 

How much do you think it would cost to replace the entire rear bumper for my 2013 CT200h?

Please see the attached photos.

best

A.can

IMG_5470.jpg

IMG_5471.jpg

IMG_5469.png

Hi and welcome to the LOC.

There are companies that can repair plastic bumpers, basically they reinforce with wire and plastic weld them before prepping for paint. Also take into account there may unseen damage behind the bumper cover like brackets and clips.

Enquire at some of your local body shops and get a few quotes.

There are no prices listed on the Lexus parts website for a brand new bumper cover but I would estimate between £300-500.

2013 was also a model change year and there are several types dependent on features like sonar sensors if fitted.

It may also be worth checking on the likes of eBay for one being broken with a good cover in the same colour which should be substantially cheaper than a new one.

example   https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333875754105?hash=item4dbc8bb479:g:qfgAAOSwm2JgGEPI

How did it happen, I can see you have reversing sensors fitted? 

7 hours ago, lyserman said:

A new bumper cover is £257.87 >>HERE<<  plus painting, fitting etc.

It could work out cheaper buying new considering the damage to your original one, as they would both need to be fully painted.

Thanks for this! 

I have just talked to Lexus Cambridge branch. They will give me a quote for the replacement. Hopefully, it will be fully recovered after this. 

9 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Hi and welcome to the LOC.

There are companies that can repair plastic bumpers, basically they reinforce with wire and plastic weld them before prepping for paint. Also take into account there may unseen damage behind the bumper cover like brackets and clips.

Enquire at some of your local body shops and get a few quotes.

There are no prices listed on the Lexus parts website for a brand new bumper cover but I would estimate between £300-500.

2013 was also a model change year and there are several types dependent on features like sonar sensors if fitted.

It may also be worth checking on the likes of eBay for one being broken with a good cover in the same colour which should be substantially cheaper than a new one.

example   https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333875754105?hash=item4dbc8bb479:g:qfgAAOSwm2JgGEPI

How did it happen, I can see you have reversing sensors fitted? 

It happened while reverse parking. I hit another car that was reverse parking too into the same  bay! we just hit eachother. Very unfortunate!!!

Definitely the right way to go if it was a 50-50 insurance claim otherwise the increase in premiums would probably exceed the self repair cost.

Ask Lexus Cambridge if they will match the LPD price too.

Looking at your pictures and based on who you get to do the work (if you want a proper job) I would estimate you would not see much change from 1000-1200 for this. 

Again assuming this is all cosmetic with no damage encountered behind the cover. 

It looks like on top of the bumper cover damage you have a damaged parking sensor visible, the other sensors may also have taken a knock so may be it is recommended you need a new set of these will also need painting before fitting. You'd also need a new bumper protector for the top of it if you wanted like for like. 

As an estimated guess take your parts costs and at multiply by a min of 2.5 to include paint and labour costs.

It may be pertinent to claim on your insurance to get the best job as the costs can sharp creep up with these things. 

It will be interesting to see what your estimate comes in at. 

Hi all! Thanks for all the comments and insights. I have just my estimate from Cambridge Lexus and the total prices comes up to £2226, including labour and all the  parts. 

I will use my insurance to handle these costs. Please see the image for the cost. What do you think? Is it normal to have this price?

best

image.thumb.png.59be1ae2f9bd9549722af783caa39b48.png

a.can

Looks like they quoted for a real proper job to put your car back to the same level before your accident. Good job you didn't damage the tailgate as would be an eye watering bill. Its quite scary how a small amount of damage can cost a lot to put right and is a high percentage of the cars value. Definately an insurance claim I guess then.... 

1 hour ago, cadman2k said:

Looks like they quoted for a real proper job to put your car back to the same level before your accident. Good job you didn't damage the tailgate as would be an eye watering bill. Its quite scary how a small amount of damage can cost a lot to put right and is a high percentage of the cars value. Definately an insurance claim I guess then.... 

definitely!

• 1 month later...

Thank you all again for the insights and suggestions. I have just got my car back from the repair. It all looks fantastic. 

2bfe1fdb-dfac-4f40-aec8-b64d2838902c.thumb.jpg.0061f08365951ca5837eddd32b96860b.jpg

At the end, the insurance found 50% liability, which will unfortunately effect my no claims bonus. 

Best,

A.can

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links