Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Service, dealer

chitradurga

46 minutes ago, chitradurga said:

Dear friends,

My new Lexus NX 1st service is due next month. What are the pros and cons of having the service with the dealer Vs non lexus garage.

Kind regards

When you bought the car brand new it came with a three-year manufacturer's warranty. I think you're legally allowed to take it anywhere you want and you don't have to take it to the main dealers for servicing, but do you really want to take the risk of a failed claim (if you need to make a claim) during its first 3 years?

Personally I'd stick with the dealer and then after 3 years, go elsewhere if I wanted to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chitradurga said:

2 4 1 warranty for £795. I am not sure if I gave the right answer.

For the Extended Warranty (the 2-4-1 warranty) to remain valid you must have the car serviced according to the Lexus schedule at a Lexus franchised dealer.

• Like 1

Just now, wharfhouse said:

For the Extended Warranty (the 2-4-1 warranty) to remain valid you must have the car serviced according to the Lexus schedule at a Lexus franchised dealer.

However you are showing the car as 2020 in your profile and so it should still be under the 3 years manufacturers warranty and so the advice above is valid. After that if you use Lexus servicing you get Relax Extended Warranty for free at each service up to 10 years old or 100k miles.

• Thanks 1

Lexus to retain warranty after 3 years old (relax). Before 3 years old, by law you can still retain warranty getting service elsewhere as long as the garage ticks the boxes for adequate standard (not sure what qualifies)  but on a car that young a lexus service is likely to pay for itself on additional resale value.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links