Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Extended Warranty doesn't exist anymore?

Morning Gang

I just rang up my local Lexus dealer to extend my Lexus Extended Warranty, and was told it doesn't exist anymore? I asked if they co-exist together, but was told no, which is a shame really, as extended warranty covered more than Lexus Relax (for example, suspension?). Lexus Extended Warranty Google also leads to Lexus Relax plan. A bit of a bummer really, I know it sounds odd that someone would like to pay £1000 rather than get something with £500 service FOC, but when you add the parts not covered under Relax, it's not that sweet? 

28 minutes ago, BartLexusFan said:

Morning Gang

I just rang up my local Lexus dealer to extend my Lexus Extended Warranty, and was told it doesn't exist anymore? I asked if they co-exist together, but was told no, which is a shame really, as extended warranty covered more than Lexus Relax (for example, suspension?). Lexus Extended Warranty Google also leads to Lexus Relax plan. A bit of a bummer really, I know it sounds odd that someone would like to pay £1000 rather than get something with £500 service FOC, but when you add the parts not covered under Relax, it's not that sweet? 

Bart, have you been asleep for the past 1000 years matey ?

Do a search and inform yourself before the Membership descends upon you .

🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I recently posted all about the "new" Extended Warranty in this link that I have just purchased for my IS 300h. The main point is that if your car is under 10 years old and under 100K miles then the only extended warranty option available is now Relax (free with each scheduled service done by a Lexus dealer) but if your car is between 10 and 15 years old and/or 100K - 150K miles there is now a "new" 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty available that largely follows the same clauses as the old Extended Warranty but which does cost a little bit more than the old Extended Warranty (the car must still be serviced by a Lexus dealer for this warranty as well though). Anyway - if you have a look at the link below hopefully it explains all. 

• Like 3

A great post Phil.

I have been away for the past 8 weeks and only participated on the Forum rarely.

I was 200 miles south of Madrid when your great post hit the Forum and in my view it is one of the most helpful and informative  postings of this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you very much Gents.

I'm sorry, I had some personal stuff I had to go through, so haven't been present on the forums as much as I would like to, and for the life of me, I couldn't get any info from either Lexus website or Lexus sales advisor, otherwise he could've mentioned there's Lexus Extended Warranty Plus.

Saying that though, it's not an excuse to not do a search. My bad.

Last question, before the ban-hammer drops. My RX is from 31/12/2012 (82.000 on the clock). Am I understanding it right, that when it comes to service in March 2022 (minor together with MOT, as I had major this year 26/03/2021), it will be 10 years old and I will be able to get the Extended Warranty Plus? And I guess between now and March 2022, I've got no warranty, as my extended one expired 03/10/2021? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BartLexusFan said:

Thank you very much Gents.

I'm sorry, I had some personal stuff I had to go through, so haven't been present on the forums as much as I would like to, and for the life of me, I couldn't get any info from either Lexus website or Lexus sales advisor, otherwise he could've mentioned there's Lexus Extended Warranty Plus.

Saying that though, it's not an excuse to not do a search. My bad.

Last question, before the ban-hammer drops. My RX is from 31/12/2012 (82.000 on the clock). Am I understanding it right, that when it comes to service in March 2022 (minor together with MOT, as I had major this year 26/03/2021), it will be 10 years old and I will be able to get the Extended Warranty Plus? And I guess between now and March 2022, I've got no warranty, as my extended one expired 03/10/2021? 

No problem - oddly there is nothing on the Lexus website about the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty. Jemca advisers seemed to know of it all though when I have spoken to them. Regards your question then if your Lexus build date was 31/12/2012 then the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty won't be available to you until 31/12/2022 - so that's more than a year away, unless your mileage goes over 100K in that time, in which case the mileage makes it eligible. When you have the service in March 2022 then you will get the Relax Warranty (under 10 years old and under 100K miles until the next service is due) - after 31/12/2022 (or 100K miles) you can then purchase the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty. The "gap" with an old Extended Warranty expiring and waiting for a service for the Relax to be activated does not seem to have been considered by Lexus - may be that is something to discuss with the dealer, or (though certainly not ideal) bring your service forward to when the existing Extended Warranty expires to take advantage of the Relax warranty?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

No problem - oddly there is nothing on the Lexus website about the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty. Jemca advisers seemed to know of it all though when I have spoken to them. Regards your question then if your Lexus build date was 31/12/2012 then the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty won't be available to you until 31/12/2022 - so that's more than a year away, unless your mileage goes over 100K in that time, in which case the mileage makes it eligible. When you have the service in March 2022 then you will get the Relax Warranty (under 10 years old and under 100K miles until the next service is due) - after 31/12/2022 (or 100K miles) you can then purchase the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty. The "gap" with an old Extended Warranty expiring and waiting for a service for the Relax to be activated does not seem to have been considered by Lexus - may be that is something to discuss with the dealer, or (though certainly not ideal) bring your service forward to when the existing Extended Warranty expires to take advantage of the Relax warranty?

Rang up the dealership, and unfortunately because Relax was introduced in July it doesn't backtrack to March 2021 when Major service was done. And I can't take Extended Warranty Plus either, as car is not 10 years old, and hasn't covered over 100K miles, and on top of that I can't bring date forward, as I've got Lexus Service Plan, so Catch 22 really. Mileage won't go over 100K either, as I just use the RX as weekend car. I might try and speak to the service team, rather than sales team, maybe they'll know how to sort it out. I haven't got any issues with the car, but at the same time I'd prefer to be covered. Head gasket went on 3GS450h, and generated a £4K bill, and gearbox went on 04 LS430, which was about £2K to repair, so... I'd rather be covered knowing my luck.

16 minutes ago, BartLexusFan said:

Rang up the dealership, and unfortunately because Relax was introduced in July it doesn't backtrack to March 2021 when Major service was done. And I can't take Extended Warranty Plus either, as car is not 10 years old, and hasn't covered over 100K miles, and on top of that I can't bring date forward, as I've got Lexus Service Plan, so Catch 22 really. Mileage won't go over 100K either, as I just use the RX as weekend car. I might try and speak to the service team, rather than sales team, maybe they'll know how to sort it out. I haven't got any issues with the car, but at the same time I'd prefer to be covered. Head gasket went on 3GS450h, and generated a £4K bill, and gearbox went on 04 LS430, which was about £2K to repair, so... I'd rather be covered knowing my luck.

I'm totally with you on that - sod's law would be to have the gap in the warranty and though a slim chance of something going wrong it happens during that break in warranty. My approach to the dealer would be along the lines of you have paid for Extended Warranty and dealer servicing and been a loyal customer for how ever many years and want to continue with both (and happy paying for them) but without any gap in an extended warranty, so how are they going to plug the gap that the Lexus T&Cs have created - and get whatever the answer is in writing. I'm fortunate because I went over the 100K miles whilst in my old Extended Warranty period (although the car is a 2014 build) and so could simply start the new 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty the date the old one expires so never had to resolve the issues over a "gap" as in your case. Try and put the onus on Lexus to solve the issue rather than them putting it on you, the customer.

• Like 3

So I rang up the dealership again, and they've confirmed there's will be a gap, but because I've already paid for the service plan upfront that means I can actually bring the service date forward. Which is good news. Not ideal, as I've done 3k miles since March 2021, but at the same time it's just a minor service anyway. Which would then cover me till 2022 by Relax, where the car will be 10 years, and I can take Extended Plus (they don't make it easy, do they!). Thank you very much for your help Phil.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BartLexusFan said:

So I rang up the dealership again, and they've confirmed there's will be a gap, but because I've already paid for the service plan upfront that means I can actually bring the service date forward. Which is good news. Not ideal, as I've done 3k miles since March 2021, but at the same time it's just a minor service anyway. Which would then cover me till 2022 by Relax, where the car will be 10 years, and I can take Extended Plus (they don't make it easy, do they!). Thank you very much for your help Phil.

Good to hear that you have a resolution which doesn't leave you without warranty - as you say they don't make it easy and not ideal to have to bring the service forward just to cover what wasn't wasn't fully thought through to maintain continued cover from those with the old Extended Warranty to move to Relax, but hopefully it works out for you now although at slightly increased expense, and going into the future once over 10 years old you will have the new 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty to take you to 15 years old or 150K miles, whichever come first.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have just have my car serviced and MOT'd at Lexus Sidcup, MOT failed on top suspension plate bearing.

Luckily I had a Lexus approved car warrenty and this was replaced FOC under this,I also gained a 10  per cent Lexus Club discount.

I have just been given a cost for the 10 year plus extended warrenty at £546-00 for 12 months @ 10 interest free payments of £54-60 for a RX450H 2010 including breakdown cover.

This is really a no brainer to take out for extended peace and mind.

35 minutes ago, Cypry 1 said:

I have just have my car serviced and MOT'd at Lexus Sidcup, MOT failed on top suspension plate bearing.

Luckily I had a Lexus approved car warrenty and this was replaced FOC under this,I also gained a 10  per cent Lexus Club discount.

I have just been given a cost for the 10 year plus extended warrenty at £546-00 for 12 months @ 10 interest free payments of £54-60 for a RX450H 2010 including breakdown cover.

This is really a no brainer to take out for extended peace and mind.

My view too Jim, but examine the cover carefully as it is nowhere near as wide as the cover you have just claimed on.

As John says above there are some changes in the new 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty you have been quoted compared to the previous Extended Warranty - I've just taken the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty on my car and so detailed on another thread the differences I found - for me still worth it - see below. 

• Like 1

Many Thanks

I know that the Multimedia is not covered however with Air Suspension on the vehicle and my recent repair it seems prudent to take it out.

Another thing that i noticed with my recent service is that my local dealer at Woodford quoted me a dearer price that the dealer at Sidcup and speaking to the service manager at Sidcup he said that it should be the same price.

the money I saved it was worth the 30 mile drive.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links