Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2022 ES anyone?

beyond the blue

7 hours ago, Tonyw said:

Getting closer, my car is now at my dealer

i will be dropping in later to do paperwork and sort out a collection day next week 

I see you went for the Premium Edition, can I ask if you added any extras on top of that?

My ES Premium Edition is on it's way to the dealer from Portbury and will be registered in January.  Extras for the premium edition only run to metallic paint, plus 2 options, a  protection pack and illuminated sill scuff plates and then 3 accessories,  a rear bumper trim, cargo net and wind deflectors.   Not  a lot of choice really.   I've asked my dealer to order me a rear bumper protection trim at £170 and I will transfer the boot liner and front winter rubber mats which were in my last ES.     I have front and rear mud flaps from my last ES although they were an eBay purchase from China but were clearly designed to fit the latest ES, no modifications needed at all unlike some generic mud flaps that are often listed as universal fit.     Oddly  Lexus themselves don't list mud flaps  as an option/accessory yet. 

1 hour ago, beyond the blue said:

I see you went for the Premium Edition, can I ask if you added any extras on top of that?

SH answered for me, only option really is colour. I am having the cameras fitted before collection though

10 hours ago, Tonyw said:

SH answered for me, only option really is colour. I am having the cameras fitted before collection though

I tried to order illuminated door plates as it was mentioned in the price list, only to be told by my dealer that it wasn't available at the build stage but could be fit by the dealer after delivery at a cost of £405.00. that was the reason for my question. I think I might have been misinformed!

12 hours ago, SH20 said:

My ES Premium Edition is on it's way to the dealer from Portbury and will be registered in January.  Extras for the premium edition only run to metallic paint, plus 2 options, a  protection pack and illuminated sill scuff plates and then 3 accessories,  a rear bumper trim, cargo net and wind deflectors.   Not  a lot of choice really.   I've asked my dealer to order me a rear bumper protection trim at £170 and I will transfer the boot liner and front winter rubber mats which were in my last ES.     I have front and rear mud flaps from my last ES although they were an EBay purchase from China but were clearly designed to fit the latest ES, no modifications needed at all unlike some generic mud flaps that are often listed as universal fit.     Oddly  Lexus themselves don't list mud flaps  as an option/accessory yet. 

I find mud flaps is a really good option, I wish I could add that to my current GS. Having them on keeps the sides so much cleaner!

I owned a GS450h 2 years ago and was disappointed to discovery Lexus didn't do mud flaps for the GS yet did offer them for the IS, LS460, CT, NX, RX.   There must be a reason why popular models like the GS and ES  don't get the chance to fit them as Lexus accessories.

The ES mudflaps I bought from China for the ES were designed to follow the contours of the front wings and rear bumper exactly. No gaps and the factory blanking plastic plugs in the front wing liners and rear bumper wing liners lined up exactly with the mudflaps.  Hard to believe they cost £25 incl delivery from China. I was a bit unsure when I ordered them but the eBay advert showed a picture of an ES with them fitted so I took a chance and they turned out as if Lexus themselves made them.   Currently  there is an advert with the  main picture of a GS300h for model years 2014 to 2017  which implies the flaps are model specific and the price of  £50  might suggest they are for the GS but the other close up photos in the advert show different cars  rather than just the GS  so there is a risk they are a generic flap.    The ES flaps I bought however will fit only the ES.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SH20 said:

I owned a GS450h 2 years ago and was disappointed to discovery Lexus didn't do mud flaps for the GS yet did offer them for the IS, LS460, CT, NX, RX.   There must be a reason why popular models like the GS and ES  don't get the chance to fit them as Lexus accessories.

The ES mudflaps I bought from China for the ES were designed to follow the contours of the front wings and rear bumper exactly. No gaps and the factory blanking plastic plugs in the front wing liners and rear bumper wing liners lined up exactly with the mudflaps.  Hard to believe they cost £25 incl delivery from China. I was a bit unsure when I ordered them but the ebay advert showed a picture of an ES with them fitted so I took a chance and they turned out as if Lexus themselves made them.   Currently  there is an advert with the  main picture of a GS300h for model years 2014 to 2017  which implies the flaps are model specific and the price of  £50  might suggest they are for the GS but the other close up photos in the advert show different cars  rather than just the GS  so there is a risk they are a generic flap.    The ES flaps I bought however will fit only the ES.

I just checked Aliexpress and as you say, advert says the flaps for GS but on the photo you can see Ford allow wheel so suggests it might be a generic mud flap. Also it doesn't say if the mud flaps are for the F-Sport or Premier model which I think have different indentations/shape of the rear bumper or front wings.

I know for a fact that 5 Series BMW had different shaped mud flaps for SE model and for M-Sport model.

Oh well, I lasted for 3.5 years without these, but always wanted them, and now when I hope to change the car by the end of next year it is to late to buy them. 🙂

Dealer sent me these, pick up on Tuesday

the link app has been keeping me informed every time it moves, they took it out for a test and to fill it up with petrol earlier. I also got a message to tell me it wasn’t locked lol 😂 

507A60EE-2A88-4398-A723-6DFB1B1D7EB4.jpeg

D4D763E7-A864-4564-8D9D-FB75FCA2FB74.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SH20 said:

Hmmm, same exterior colour as mine, what colour interior did you pick?

Really like the lighter colours, but chickened out and went black. Not keen on the brown with brown plastics on dash 

I test drove one with the cream and it was stained and scuffed wit( black marks

if I upgrade/swap at the 2yr point (pcp) I already want F Sport in the blue (the colour I really wanted, but only available on f sport) with red interior 

13 hours ago, Tonyw said:

Dealer sent me these, pick up on Tuesday

the link app has been keeping me informed every time it moves, they took it out for a test and to fill it up with petrol earlier. I also got a message to tell me it wasn’t locked lol 😂 

507A60EE-2A88-4398-A723-6DFB1B1D7EB4.jpeg

D4D763E7-A864-4564-8D9D-FB75FCA2FB74.jpeg

My wife has asked why it is half white, lol 😂 

• Haha 2

I was thinking asking the dealer to leave the tape on the roof, bonnet, boot lid etc to avoid the dealer putting it through their dealer prep area. 

Reason:   My first new ES's paint surface  was demolished by idiot car washers who couldn't care less  how they present a car. Just because the car is new doesn't mean that they didn't wreck the lacquer top coat with reckless washing and rubbing the surface with filthy dirt ladened cloths which created numerous swirls and fine scratches and as it was solid black paint you can imagine what it was like.   I spent 7 days machining polishing and doing a mild cut on the top coat to get it right. 

Although my new ES is Messa Red the same concerns cross my mind.   However the dealer won't take any responsibility if the tape is left on for the owner to remove in case  there is a fault under the tape in the paint.   I know,  I asked, so the risk would be mine.    I have been detailing cars for a while now and have rectified paint defects  on new cars for family and friends more times than I wanted to.    The main problem that goes on with dealers is the cleaners use a Rotary mop to machine polish the paintwork  because it's very quick/fast and gives a quick shine  but due to their total lack of knowledge of the heat generated in a Rotary mop they cause all sorts of defects and holograms in the lacquer coat.   I wouldn't pay new car prep staff in flat washers.  Minimum wage staff give minimum care results. 

Taking cars back to dealers for paint correction  issues would be like asking a burglar to come back and rob your house again by your invitation.

I fully expect to have to machine polish my new car when I get it home.     

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SH20 said:

I was thinking asking the dealer to leave the tape on the roof, bonnet, boot lid etc to avoid the dealer putting it through their dealer prep area. 

Reason:   My first new ES's paint surface  was demolished by idiot car washers who couldn't care less  how they present a car. Just because the car is new doesn't mean that they didn't wreck the lacquer top coat with reckless washing and rubbing the surface with filthy dirt ladened cloths which created numerous swirls and fine scratches and as it was solid black paint you can imagine what it was like.   I spent 7 days machining polishing and doing a mild cut on the top coat to get it right. 

Although my new ES is Messa Red the same concerns cross my mind.   However the dealer won't take any responsibility if the tape is left on for the owner to remove in case  there is a fault under the tape in the paint.   I know,  I asked, so the risk would be mine.    I have been detailing cars for a while now and have rectified paint defects  on new cars for family and friends more times than I wanted to.    The main problem that goes on with dealers is the cleaners use a Rotary mop to machine polish the paintwork  because it's very quick/fast and gives a quick shine  but due to their total lack of knowledge of the heat generated in a Rotary mop they cause all sorts of defects and holograms in the lacquer coat.   I wouldn't pay new car prep staff in flat washers.  Minimum wage staff give minimum care results. 

Taking cars back to dealers for paint correction  issues would be like asking a burglar to come back and rob your house again by your invitation.

I'm in the same position. Mine is going for Ceramic coating as soon as I take delivery. My detailer say's he would rather have it with the film left on but he understands the dealer won't agree. He's told me to ask the dealer to do the bare minimum to the paint work or my invoice could go up to cover the extra work.

• Like 1

You detailer is right Neil, if he doesn't correct the swirls and holograms in the lacquer the dealer leaves  behind he would lock in those defects by virtue of the ceramic coating.   The top coat has to be flawless before the CC is applied so he already knows he will not have a virgin paint surface, it will be loaded with polish the dealer has used with their rotary mop head which all has to be removed with a degreaser.

I put some Crystal Serum Light by Gtech on my first ES after sorting out the top coat.  Really nice product but there are lots of high quality coatings some, unfortunately can be in the hands of rank amateurs'. 

Now if professional detailers prepared cars we would have nothing to worry about  but dealers would have to  pass on the cost on.  What is really worrying to people who want their paint perfect is that we have all been asked if we want paint protection on our new car by the dealer as an up sell service !!!!   Imagine paying to have defects they caused sealed in with a ceramic coating.       

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SH20 said:

Although my new ES is Messa Red

I had my Lexus professionally Detailed with ceramic coatings and was delighted with the result.  It was white, but I do think that the most dramatic results are with the stronger colours, such as your red and the blue.

As I've posted elsewhere, doing it on a brand new car gives the finish the best possible start in life.  If you're planning to keep the car for some years, then the substantial initial cost will prove to be a shrewd investment.

4 hours ago, SH20 said:

My son had his new model 3 delivered two weeks ago (in black) I went round the next morning as they dropped it off so late and it was filthy from being transported and whoever had cleaned it before sending it out must have been a child with a scouring pad. Luckily he lives round the corner from a Tesla service centre and they agreed to do a full wax/detail. They had it for two days and I must say they were very good and even gave him a £150 Uber code. The manager said he has seen a few bad ones especially black, he blamed it on the number of cars they are processing every day, he said they have nearly 3000 cars to deliver this month. 

• Like 1

So far so good, does everything I expected.

dealer gave me a free umbrella as well because it is my first Lexus

Pioneer sounds good enough using CarPlay as source 

colour looks great in showroom

DA4CC6A7-C045-4A1F-806E-279AD0A79A13.jpeg

34BFB5D9-1EE1-42C7-A4C9-77A0EFED6F62.jpeg

288B29BB-8B9F-4BD2-9757-8B285A0F419F.jpeg

0F459A30-15C3-451A-8030-A94937EFAB3A.jpeg

• Like 3

First post here ordered a new ES late November. Was advised April delivery but now it seems to be delayed until June. Not very happy with the delay or the lack of spare wheel. What makes it worse is that the dealer cannot just give you the part numbers to order as an optional extra. Not available have been advised for the UK market. Whilst the car is superb the lack of spare wheel, mudflaps and extended delay has overall been a disappointment. Even a new Dacia for £10k can be purchased with mudflaps and can be supplied with a space saver if you pay extra

• Like 1

Just back from the dealers and everything went smoothly but maybe not as well as I had hoped for financially. I asked for a re-price on my trade-in but only managed to get an extra £400, I pushed them to the limit but they wouldn't budge. On the plus side they agreed to leave all the protective film on and not touch the paintwork so it can go to my detailers for full Ceramic Coating in the best possible condition. One nice surprise was that my insurance premium is slightly cheaper than my Audi A3, so a small refund due. One thing that will need sorting is those number plates, they really cheapen the look of the car. I need to spend a while going through the service plan quote they offered to see how expensive it works out. I collect the car on the 29th. This is how I will be collecting it.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, beyond the blue said:

Just back from the dealers and everything went smoothly but maybe not as well as I had hoped for financially. I asked for a re-price on my trade-in but only managed to get an extra £400, I pushed them to the limit but they wouldn't budge. On the plus side they agreed to leave all the protective film on and not touch the paintwork so it can go to my detailers for full Ceramic Coating in the best possible condition. One nice surprise was that my insurance premium is slightly cheaper than my Audi A3, so a small refund due. One thing that will need sorting is those number plates, they really cheapen the look of the car. I need to spend a while going through the service plan quote they offered to see how expensive it works out. I collect the car on the 29th. This is how I will be collecting it.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

I took the service plan, I would rather pay monthly interest free for the 3yrs than have a big bill every December. I also took the paint insurance as mine is on a PCP so need to make sure she stays looking her best.

I traded my Jag on motorway in the end, I got an extra 2.8k over what my Lexus dealer offered. It is now for sale in Derby.

1 hour ago, Tonyw said:

I took the service plan, I would rather pay monthly interest free for the 3yrs than have a big bill every December. I also took the paint insurance as mine is on a PCP so need to make sure she stays looking her best.

I traded my Jag on motorway in the end, I got an extra 2.8k over what my Lexus dealer offered. It is now for sale in Derby.

It looks like I will go with a service plan, and as this will probably be my last car I'm thinking of going with a 6 year one as I believe there is a very big service recommended in year 5/6. I might try other Lexus dealers for service quotes to see if they come up with different prices.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links