Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shipping Time

Ship Virgo Leader I have been tracking was due at Livorno port at 08.00 today, seems to have been hovering offshore all day, strange thing is Livorno port expected arrivals does not show Virgo Leader. Supposed to be at Portbury on the 12th so its got to go a bit to do that, can a 200m long Ro-Ro ship get up on the plane!!!  Sea route calculator I found said an average speed of 23 knots to get to Portbury by the 12th., no chance.

Might be wrong ship anyway but it's been an interesting exercise.

Bill D.

Looks great, are the seats White Ash?, that's what I am having in my Takumi, car looks really good in white I have to say although mine is Sonic Titanium, last three cars were white so thought it about time I had a change. Used to think white cars were a bit boring but with the advent of the metallic finish whites I think they really bring out the styling lines of the car that darker colours hide.

Five months good going, mine's been six months and counting, supposed to be early July pick up, haven't heard officially what ship it is on but Virgo Leader is currently heading up towards the UK, due in Portbury tonight, it left Nagoya around the time I got the message that car has left factory so I'm hoping this is the one with my car on it. Do you know if yours went up to Derby from Portbury?

Bill D.

• Like 1

Sorry just noticed your previous posting showing route from Avonmouth to Derby, I did wonder if Derby was a stopping off point for customers in the North but you are obviously not.

Bill D.

2 minutes ago, Bill Dawes said:

Looks great, are the seats White Ash?, that's what I am having in my Takumi, car looks really good in white I have to say although mine is Sonic Titanium, last three cars were white so thought it about time I had a change. Used to think white cars were a bit boring but with the advent of the metallic finish whites I think they really bring out the styling lines of the car that darker colours hide.

Five months good going, mine's been six months and counting, supposed to be early July pick up, haven't heard officially what ship it is on but Virgo Leader is currently heading up towards the UK, due in Portbury tonight, it left Nagoya around the time I got the message that car has left factory so I'm hoping this is the one with my car on it. Do you know if yours went up to Derby from Portbury?

Bill D.

Thanks I think it’s f sport white slightly different but now our children have grown up we have taken the chance with white leather, we are having trouble with the app and the dealer says we can’t start car from app amongst other things although I did manage to send a route on the sat nav via app ,maybe we can chat about app when you get yours,I love the colour coded wheel arches and the infotainment is easier than I anticipated but gutted about auto folding wing mirrors although I think you will have them,I’m prepared to pay a few hundred to retrofit if I can,this is our first white car so we was worried but we are happy all round,the car is perfect and we are well pleased 

13 minutes ago, Bill Dawes said:

Sorry just noticed your previous posting showing route from Avonmouth to Derby, I did wonder if Derby was a stopping off point for customers in the North but you are obviously not.

Bill D.

We wondered about that but apparently they add certain extras there,

6 hours ago, Roddersbuck said:

EABBC0AC-F566-4AD4-B908-97CFD6B383B2.thumb.jpeg.d6764d8a78e1b058e63cc05d6f70dfce.jpeg47CF8BE2-9C7C-481B-9C9D-4F0540CC1DDE.thumb.jpeg.cc59d109077c20351a88df4bb77d09ce.jpegCollected car Saturday we waited exactly 5 months but worth the wait 

Looks lovely mate bet your well happy. Enjoy happy motoring and the amazing mpg 😀

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Roddersbuck said:

Thanks I think it’s f sport white slightly different but now our children have grown up we have taken the chance with white leather, we are having trouble with the app and the dealer says we can’t start car from app amongst other things although I did manage to send a route on the sat nav via app ,maybe we can chat about app when you get yours,I love the colour coded wheel arches and the infotainment is easier than I anticipated but gutted about auto folding wing mirrors although I think you will have them,I’m prepared to pay a few hundred to retrofit if I can,this is our first white car so we was worried but we are happy all round,the car is perfect and we are well pleased 

Hi Roddersbuck, 

Yes the app is not like america unfortunately until the new update coming all you can see is percentage of fuel left not miles to empty. If car is OK. Where the car is if you can't find it. Input a destination before you get to car. Only thing I like is hybrid coaching as shows you lots of info on how you drive and if you brake to hard etc. Also gives you breakdown of trip mpg to.

Kind regards,

Darrell

• Like 1

Just had my email, car is now on its way to dealers (via Derby? I know not)

Looks like I was following the right ship after all, Virgo Leader which docked in Portbury on Tuesday.

All geared up now to pick up in July.

Bill D.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2022 at 7:09 PM, RRM said:

Been told our car is now in build state.

Did you order a UX250h ? what date ?

I ordered a UX250h F sport on 6th April, expecting October delivery

Picked up our F-Sport Premium Plus with sunroof today from Lexus Teeside. Superb handover and the car looked excellent in Terrane Khaki with White Ash interior. Was gutted it didn't have memory seats or wireless charging point but otherwise very happy.

• Like 2

Time line for my Takumi, ordered 6 Jan, building in progress 23 April, left factory 16 May, (think it actually left Nagoya 10 May)  arrived UK 14 June.

Hopefully picking it up early July (no point in missing out on a months road tax by having it this month)

Bill D.

Ordered my UX on 12th Jan with an end of June delivery. App and web site still says processing order. I spoke with dealer in Preston today and he said no date as yet. Intimated delays due to minor earthquakes in Japan and covid outbreak at the ports.

Getting a tad frustrated with all this.

We ordered ours, premium sports plus in Mercury Grey on 13th February. Told expected delivery now 18th August by the dealer. Can’t track on app or any other way.

R

9 hours ago, Neville Gardner said:

Ordered my UX on 12th Jan with an end of June delivery. App and web site still says processing order. I spoke with dealer in Preston today and he said no date as yet. Intimated delays due to minor earthquakes in Japan and covid outbreak at the ports.

Getting a tad frustrated with all this.

We ordered 17 January picked up last Saturday 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bill Dawes said:

Time line for my Takumi, ordered 6 Jan, building in progress 23 April, left factory 16 May, (think it actually left Nagoya 10 May)  arrived UK 14 June.

Hopefully picking it up early July (no point in missing out on a months road tax by having it this month)

Bill D.

Hi Bill,

I thought that about road tax but realised I was driving a 3 litre twin turbo so when I part ex it I got a lot off new car tax. It works if u currently have no car or car tax is cheap on old car trading in but mine was a yes I'll pick up 8 days before end of month lol. Happy motoring when you get it.

Kind regards, 

Darrell

Sounds like lame excuses to me Neville, first I have heard of such a problem, it certainly didn't affect mine or others on this site. Based on mine yours should be coming up 'Left Factory' by now.

Thanks Darrell, haven't actually had call from dealers to go in and do paperwork yet  so not far off end of month now. Plus of course the old question has it gone up to Derby first? Be mad if it has, Portbury docks to Bristol Lexus 9.3 miles away according to Google.

Bill D.

• Like 1

Totally agree Bill, but not much I can do about it as I spoke  with the sales manager. Based on your timeline of email into build and the shipping etc, I not expecting mine until mid August. If that’s the case I won’t accept it until September.

On 6/8/2022 at 7:16 PM, Bill Dawes said:

Ship Virgo Leader I have been tracking was due at Livorno port at 08.00 today, seems to have been hovering offshore all day, strange thing is Livorno port expected arrivals does not show Virgo Leader. Supposed to be at Portbury on the 12th so its got to go a bit to do that, can a 200m long Ro-Ro ship get up on the plane!!!  Sea route calculator I found said an average speed of 23 knots to get to Portbury by the 12th., no chance.

Might be wrong ship anyway but it's been an interesting exercise.

Bill D.

Hi - I'm expecting my RX to ship soon - is there a shipping schedule from Lexus in Japan?

There must be something like that somewhere Ian but nothing I am aware of, my tracking of Virgo Leader was just luck really, when I had the message that my car had left the factory I checked various ships that were ro ro carriers bound for UK that were due to leave or had just left Nagoya, it appeared that I had the right one as just after in docked in Portbury I had a message from Lexus saying mu car was on its way to the dealer. That was a week ago today, nothing since.

I should add that when I say bound for UK it doesn't actually tell you that, I went to Portbury website for arrivals and it showed Virgo Leader due to arrive about 5 weeks after leaving Nagoya, in the event it stopped off at Livorno on the way.

Bill D.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links