Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

11 hours ago, Killysprint said:

I think you’ll be surprised and find that the front pads are the originals.

I changed mine at 34k ish miles and there weren’t at the wear indicators. I had lexus check the SH and there was no evidence of previous replacements. The original rears are still fine at 44k.

Oh right thanks…that’s very useful to know. I thought with all of the dust created, they must wear very quickly. At least I now know what I have fitted which will help when making comparisons to inform what I will get next.

On 12/9/2021 at 12:08 PM, ColinBarber said:

I wouldn't recommend the Lexus pads because they can squeal and create a lot of dust. If you wanted to stick with Lexus genuine parts then you could go with the alternative pads that were made available for the RC F that some people had replaced under a TSB to stop squealing but for some reason Lexus GB didn't extend the TSB to the GS F (you just shouldn't put the car on a track with the alternative pads).

Personally I switched to EBC Red when I had my GS F, mainly to get rid of the low speed squeal but the lower dust was welcome as was the cost saving.

Nothing wrong with the Lexus discs, other than price. The Brembo aftermarket ones seem to be of the same quality as OEM, other than the anti-rust coating which has possibly been improved since Bluethunder purchased some (or there are different parts; some with and some without coatings).

Thanks… Strangely, when I first got the car the pads squealed quite badly, but after a little while it stopped more or less completely - the car had 19500 miles (now 30500). I believe the pads are original. The dust problem is certainly there. The EBC reds definitely seem a good option (presumably they come with wear detection and leads?).

The OEM discs at £250 may be worth the extra only to be be sure of getting the anti rust coating.

6 hours ago, Pielight said:

The EBC reds definitely seem a good option (presumably they come with wear detection and leads?).

No they don't. But you just reuse the old ones provided you haven't worn your pads down enough to bring on the warning light - the system works by wearing away the detector, severing the wire connection inside, so if the pads haven't worn down to the minimum the old detector will be fine.

• Thanks 1

My original RC-F discs and pads are still healthy at 44000 miles. At least I think they are original, the first owner may have burned through a set in his 1500 miles...

• Haha 1

I can see a slight lip on my front discs and no doubt they are original with the car on 27,000 now.

Picking up a micrometer to measure the thickness and may replace them with the Brembo's listed on Autodoc.

@ISF V8 JAYassuming they are identical right? And did you incur any import charges?

Can't make my mind up on pads though. I want red stuff (due to lower dust) but I am thinking of going on track next year and EBC state they are street only.

Then there is yellow which are too dusty for everyday....

OEM expensive vs upgraded items AND too dusty...

*the pursuit of perfection lol

43 minutes ago, BillNick said:

Can't make my mind up on pads though. I want red stuff (due to lower dust) but I am thinking of going on track next year and EBC state they are street only.

Get both, make the swap for the odd track day 😛 very easy DIY.

4 hours ago, BillNick said:

I can see a slight lip on my front discs and no doubt they are original with the car on 27,000 now.

Picking up a micrometer to measure the thickness and may replace them with the Brembo's listed on Autodoc.

@ISF V8 JAYassuming they are identical right? And did you incur any import charges?

I’ve 30500 and have a lip on my front discs too. Do you know what minimum (and standard thicknesses are?).

A mate of mine was slapped with £68 impost duty on a pair of exhaust cans (motorbike) from Poland as I remember (definitely EU state), so beware of that potential.

6 hours ago, BillNick said:

Yeah they are exactly the same (grooved)

ive gone for the brembo pads too as I don’t do many miles anyway. (Ordered a whole back)

with the discount code I got the both for £147! Absolute bargain 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ISF V8 JAY said:

ive gone for the brembo pads too as I don’t do many miles anyway. (Ordered a whole back)

with the discount code I got the both for £147! Absolute bargain 

Surely brembo pads are same as stock too? Hmmmm

1 hour ago, BillNick said:

Surely Brembo pads are same as stock too? Hmmmm

yes slightly different pad and apparently better. will keep you posted.

getting the F out in the wet making me feel uneasy 😞 

Please do let us know what they are like. Could be onto a winner.... Though I like to think there is a reason other than profiteering for Lexus' price.

Have been VERY impressed with the TVD and traction control on my F these last couple of weeks - saves you but still keeps the 'fun' factor 😄

2 hours ago, ISF V8 JAY said:

getting the F out in the wet making me feel uneasy 😞

Errrr... I drove mine home on PSS tyres in snow/ slushed roads - that was squeaky bum time on the back roads and braking down hill to feel the car go light 🤣

The wet is childs play haha

13 hours ago, ISF V8 JAY said:

Update....

discs all fitted.

no noises or squeaks!

happy days!

That’s good news! Could you give another update in a month or two to report back on how you are finding them (including whether or not surface rust is an issue).

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links