Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ceramic coating Versus waxing from the CEO swissvax

Marlinleg

2 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

"For me it is not about a mirror or shiny finish, but the overall effort and enjoying the finished result." Hmm, call me in about 20 years time to discuss.

Sorry please explain, I do not understand, do you like detailing cars like I do?

To admire and sit in a car that has been extremely well prepared is, in my opinion, lovely. It is all about enjoyment. If you enjoy detailing your car and you get the pleasure of the finished product then well done. 

If you pay someone else to do the hard work and enjoy the result then good for you!

I have spent many hours in my younger days cleaning and polishing my cars. I still do my own car but not to the extent I once did.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

If you pay someone else to do the hard work and enjoy the result…

Ideally, David, I go for a compromise.

I pay someone else to do the hard work.  And then I enjoy watching them do it.  😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Newbie777 said:

Sorry please explain, I do not understand, do you like detailing cars like I do?

I loves it, i really do, every micro piece of dust be gone I say, and never darken my sill again! I literally wash, polish after every trip. Even to the shop down the road.

Unfortunately as I rack up my biblical three score and ten I can't really convince my knees , hands ,back (I could keep going), that the joy goes further than the neurons between my ears.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

I loves it, i really do, every micro piece of dust be gone I say, and never darken my sill again! I literally wash, polish after every trip. Even to the shop down the road.

Unfortunately as I rack up my biblical three score and ten I can't really convince my knees , hands ,back (I could keep going), that the joy goes further than the neurons between my ears.

Excellent and well done for persevering.

I have all the kit, the brushes, clay bars waxes polishes. But love using my hands rather than the polisher I have.

After a hard day working in IT (yeah right!!) I love cleaning and weather permitting washing and polishing my car.

I have owned over 50 cars (never made a profit) so am a creature of habit, it has been said more than once by my wife I love my car more than her....oops.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

I share your pain, Stephen - almost literally!

I find that the problem is how dirty do I let the Lexus get before subjecting us both to the two bucket, snow foam, Karcher extravaganza?

Recently I found a mobile Detailer who came to the car and did an excellent job for a very reasonable price.  But I feel a lot of muck has to be shifted to justify that!

• Like 1

In truth now i stop and think about it I'm a bit lost ,because my car went under canvas a couple of week or so ago and I don't have any car cleaning to do ! Probably why i have been a bit grinch lately.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

because my car went under canvas a couple of week or so ago and I don't have any car cleaning to do ! Probably why i have been a bit grinch lately.

It’s gone off camping on its own?  🙁

Bit headstrong I’d say.  In this weather I think you were wise to stay at home.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links