Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Interesting YouTube video

4 hours ago, BigBoomer said:

From his review it sounds like a typical LS but I simply cannot get past that awful grille.
If I won the lottery, maybe, but I would pay someone to custom build a better grille.

I have to agree on the Grill factor it tends to shout" Look at me" and the Lexus LS400 did not need to do that.

I would always miss that V8 roar when putting your foot down

Though maybe if I could afford a chauffer it would be a choice for those trips to the supermarket, and I guess if I could afford that then a grill re-build would be an option.  But my Mk4 would be for me to drive

Time to check last weeks lottery ticket!!

That’s the same guy who bought a Mercedes S class for a similar sum of money. He must have sold that one if now left with just the Mercedes tank.

What makes his videos more interesting and different is he first takes the car to a dealer, racks up a large estimate then proceeds to sort it himself for a fraction of the quoted cost.

Yep, he sold the S Class to buy the LS.

He did take the Lexus to Lexus Reading and was very complimentary of their service.  It also seems that apart from a suspension issue and the water leaks, there isn't that much wrong with it, so it looks like he got himself a bit of a bargain.

2 hours ago, Shahpor said:

Yep, he sold the S Class to buy the LS.

He did take the Lexus to Lexus Reading and was very complimentary of their service.  It also seems that apart from a suspension issue and the water leaks, there isn't that much wrong with it, so it looks like he got himself a bit of a bargain.

Yes once the minor issues are sorted out, mechanically these things can run forever and he only paid £1000 or so if I remember correctly.

• 3 weeks later...

I switched from a 2008 LS600hL to an LS500h last year. I think he is spot on regarding most of the differences. The LS600hL felt a lot plusher and seemed to waft along on a cushion of air.

The LS500h is a completely different car, less plush and a little bit more sporty. The carpets and leather are of inferior quality, and the user interface on the touchpad is borderline dangerous to use while driving.

However, I still love it and the new safety features such as heads-up display, blind side monitoring, lane keep assist, etc are excellent. On a trip to France last year it was a joy to drive long distances and generated considerable interest.

So, overall I've no regrets and still enjoy driving it.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links