Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Replaced Rear Reluctor Ring but still get pulsating when braking

PeterT

So as title said replaced rear reluctor rings, disks and pads but still get that pulsating when braking, any help would be appreciate as am planning to get valeted and then garaged till the spring.

Thanks in advance

I am having a similar problem on my 2005. Ever since i have used  it over the last 2 years when i brake just before the car stops at say 5mph i get the pulsing through the brake pedle as if i am on ice and the wheels are locking up. Braking is fine but this "whiring noise" is a bit of a pain. If i brake heavily it does not occur.In the last week the abs light came on  and my garage tested it and found a fault with the rear left sensor. Stripped it out cleaned it and reset lights. Since then the lights come on intermitantly and the "whiring" is back even more  pronounced just as the car comes to a halt. If the sensor is faulty then i can get it changed but it does not explan why i have always had this pulsing as the car is about to stop as the ABS lights have not come on before. If anyone has a rear left sensor going spare or is stripping a car i would be happy to buy it

Have tried to find these in Uk without success https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154757762042?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338365712&toolid=20006&customid=EB35154027&

also do nit seem to make rear right fyi. Am going back to garage Monday and leaving car with them to investigate and also fit new front sensors made by kavo and supplied by autolinkmx5.com both for £60 new. 

On 1/8/2022 at 4:39 PM, peasoup39 said:

I am having a similar problem on my 2005. Ever since i have used  it over the last 2 years when i brake just before the car stops at say 5mph i get the pulsing through the brake pedle as if i am on ice and the wheels are locking up. Braking is fine but this "whiring noise" is a bit of a pain. If i brake heavily it does not occur.In the last week the abs light came on  and my garage tested it and found a fault with the rear left sensor. Stripped it out cleaned it and reset lights. Since then the lights come on intermitantly and the "whiring" is back even more  pronounced just as the car comes to a halt. If the sensor is faulty then i can get it changed but it does not explan why i have always had this pulsing as the car is about to stop as the ABS lights have not come on before. If anyone has a rear left sensor going spare or is stripping a car i would be happy to buy it

Classic signs of rear reluctor ring wear. Cleaning the iron filing type debris off the sensor may provide a temporary fix but the ring and often the cover shroud that it sits within needs to be replaced. Sometimes it's just one defective side, sometimes both need to be done. If the garage had to clean the sensor of debris then I suspect the reluctor ring itself is badly worn. It's easy to see with the sensor removed.  

I have just purchased the rear sensor from Germany via eBay. For 30 quid plus carriage its an awful lot of kit. As well as the wheel sensor it also includes all the brackets and  the hight level adjust so its was not a quick job to fit according to my garage man.

Since having the car it has always had the abs pulse  when about to stop and this recently got worse as sometimes the abs system would rattle even when i had left off the brakes. Hey presto all my lights are now out and the pulsing has gone.  What a result for such little money.

Having said that the car is now going up for sale. I have loved the last 2 years of ownership but at my age its now time to downsize as i no longer go on long trips . Got to get the personal number off first but that may take a few weeks with the DVLA being so far behind with their work. Still at least i can enjoy it for the next few weeks.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links