Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which “Best Buy”

Shotleyboy

Just received my copy of Which today, that has a supplement on the UK’s current best and worst cars. The ES is a Best Buy second only to the Polestar 2. I debated between both before ordering the Lexus as I could use the price difference elsewhere. But the recommendation is reassuring given some of the more negative reviews of the ES in the magazines and by online commentators who view it as a tad pedestrian. 

• Like 1

Just received my copy of Which today, that has a supplement on the UK’s current best and worst cars. The ES is a Best Buy second only to the Polestar 2. I debated between both before ordering the Lexus as I could use the price difference elsewhere. But the recommendation is reassuring given some of the more negative reviews of the ES in the magazines and by online commentators who view it as a tad pedestrian. 

• Like 1

The mainstream press only seem capable of awarding more than average points if a family saloon type car can:

Reach 60 in under 7 seconds. 

Can go round corners at the kinds of speed expected of a Touring Car. 

Has a 'sporty' ride that ensures you feel every bump, imperfection or matchstick placed on the road. 

Longer term reliability (especially when buying 2nd hand), dealer quality and total cost of ownership seem to escape any scrutiny. 

• Like 8

Rather eat a light bulb than pay any attention to motoring journalists who feel it is their duty (and how can we live without their wisdom on all things cars) and  who  trash products like Lexus and Toyota and any other manufacturer.      They need to try a real job like folk whose contribution can be measured and counted in long hours in a factory, hospital or  building things people need  or people who volunteer to help others who are in desperate need and do so  without reward.

No we have to listen to journalists bemoan how things are just not quite right , not fast enough,  too much over steer or under steer, blind you with things they read about or copied from a manufacturer's press release and say  not good enough or have the wrong badge on the bonnet to give a car kudos.   All hail to car designers, brilliant Engineers who improve products all day every day  without us having to put up with people who can use a laptop and type 60 words of drivel a minute.   They salivate over a MBW M3 or Audi S4  and tell us how great they are.  This type of journalists wet dream become money pits after 4 or 5 years when they are out of warranty and cost thousands to fix.  Take a look on Youtube and witness serious failures and defects  on these sort of cars. 

Service your Lexus or Toyota every year and enjoy a 10 year warranty period  with little or no warranty claims.   You can only imagine the Board of BMW, Mercedes and Audi choking on their Bratwurst  sausage at the thought of offering that on their overpriced model lineup       

Too much?  

• Like 4

Last week I returned to where I'd parked Betsy to find a couple in what I'd estimate to be their late sixties doing what can only be described as ogling at her. I smiled at them, and once buckled up pressed the EV button and we drove silently away from them. The husband watched me disappear into the distance, not listening to what his wife was saying to him, which I can only imagine was "why did you waste all that money on this white scheissewagen when we could have had one of those?"

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links