Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Java Errors

Wallace

My Win XP system refuses to open many Java links when i surf the net. Its very frustrating now i'm trying to book a holiday. If "java. etc etc" appears at the bottom of the page, forget it, it just sits there. I'm using the latest Internet Explorer version 6 or 7 :blush:

turn on the console and check for any useful warnings or errors

Tools, Internet Options Advanced - scroll to Microsoft VM and check all the text boxes

restart your browser

click View, Java Console and then go to one of the pages that give you problems.

check for errors and warnings - see if they are any sue and help. if they don't - paste 'em here and we can check em for you ;)

not impossible that the web site you are visting has written it's applets to run with the MS JVM, and its not playing well with the sun version you have installed.

MS no longer distribute itheir own version - but it is available from other places.

Try downloading the MS JVM from here and see if that helps?

OK all, had a quick play. VM is installed and all options are on. Example is on the Motorola site, trying to download a manual, the link button says "javscript:go()" and nothing happens.

OK all, had a quick play. VM is installed and all options are on. Example is on the Motorola site, trying to download a manual, the link button says "javscript:go()" and nothing happens.

javascript is not java - completely different problem.

what manual do you want and I'll get it for you as a quick fix ;)

Yes, we had this; our XP boxes didn't have the Microsoft Java Machine installed after they withdrew it.

The Sun java implementation simply failed to work with lots of sites so we just got a copy of the MS one from somewhere and chucked it back, and now all is well.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links