Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX350h/NX450h Power for Dash Cam

Hello everyone,

While patiently waiting for my NX350h to arrive, I thought I’d research dash cams and where to connect the permanent power supply. Rather than connecting to the back of a fuse on the fuse box, I’m thinking about using an OBD-II port adapter which will give me 2 USBs to power two Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2. It would be great however if Lexus has considered local power supplies in the new design. Does anyone know if the new NX has been fitted with power connection points (USB or 12VDC) the area of the rear view mirror and rear window? I know that a rear window power supply would have limited use as most dash cams with rear camera facility would need to run a data cable anyway. 

• 1 year later...

Hey Graeme, just checking if you went with the OBD-II port adapter in the end? I'm looking to do the same on my 2016 NX300H with a a Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 as well. If you did go that route, how has your exerience been?

Hi all,

I’m currently using the old Garmin Mini 2 connected to the USB on the NX350H. I’ve not gone for the OBD-II port adapter as I’m waiting for an update to the Lexus dashcam. The dealer told me a year ago that he thought there was an update in the pipeline but I’ve not seen anything since so still waiting. 

I've got a Thinkware camera with an OBD power cable - works fine and it's easy to hide the cable under the windscreen trim and A pillar without having to take the A pillar trim off 

45 minutes ago, NiCoRe said:

You should considère Fitcam X

They fit nicely behind the rearview mirror and use roadsign camera power

Do you have a link and real photo? I was thinking of U1000. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links