Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

No start/no crank

Kevin espinal

I have a issue with my 2008 lexus is250 RWD that the car had been sitting for about 2 weeks when i left it everything was perfect no issues , when i come back car unlocks/locks , dome lights turn on also headlights/taillights , when i press the brake to start no green light appears or amber , i replaced the start button also same issue , my Battery voltage is good , and i put a new Battery in my key fob nothings works , I recently pulled the button out and the car starts with the button dangling out of where its suppose to go but starts without the green light , when i press to put it in accessory mode the amber light appears but when i press the brake no green light someone help 

• Sad 1

It is always a good practise to scan for DTC codes before trying anything else.

If you find no codes, then the next code of practise is to check the power supplies and grounds to the various ecu and sensors/switches relating to the problem. An accurate circuit diagram is a must.

Check the pedal brake switch in case it has more contacts and verify their operation and contact resistance.

Check the circuit diagram and verify the wiring of the start/stop switch.

Check the the ground connections to the engine and engine ecu. 

Chris.

• 6 months later...

Hi Kevin,

Did you end up finding a solution to your problem? I'm currently going through an issue where my IS250 won't start when hot. Starts without any issues when cold but have to wait a good 30 minutes or so after it's hot to start again.

I've changed the crank position sensor but that hasn't fixed the issue unfortunately.

Just another quick update and something to add to the list of symptoms. The engine will turn over fine if it's warm but the outside temperature is cool, roughly below 18°c outside temperature.

Not sure if this is just coincidental but I've noticed this over the last few cold days.

On 9/11/2022 at 2:48 PM, aod.is200 said:

Hi Kevin,

Did you end up finding a solution to your problem? I'm currently going through an issue where my IS250 won't start when hot. Starts without any issues when cold but have to wait a good 30 minutes or so after it's hot to start again.

I've changed the crank position sensor but that hasn't fixed the issue unfortunately.

Fuel Pressure sensors are as well known to fail in such intermittent fashion. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links