Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New suspension parts (happier man)

Just got car back from garage, where I had new front and rear drop links fitted, and new bushes on rear anti-roll bar. (They had to grind the original drop links out, rusted to heck).

Car feels much much better, not totally sorted, I think maybe offside lower control arm is getting tired, but need to through my service history to check which control arms were done since I owned.

Also realised I have had the car for 100,000 miles now, never had a car that long, mighty pleased.

Next work is new cover for steering wheel, complete flush of autobox (going to cost £234), get aerial sorted, and save up for cambelt change.  A few niggles, like leaky nearside indicator and cabin boot release not working, and minor leak in rear arch (just needs patching when weather is good enough to get under the car)

Only two more years I could retire and spend my days wafting around a bit more, rather than commuting to work, but maybe petrol will be more expensive than beer by then??

With early 15 years of Lexus driving under my belt, the only way to be is happy

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Cotswold Pete said:

They had to grind the original drop links out, rusted to heck

I had to do that on the Mk3 I had, I’ll be replacing the same stuff on the current LS so I expect to be getting the grinder out.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cotswold Pete said:

Also realised I have had the car for 100,000 miles now,

that's brilliant .....  and I for one wouldn't know what on earth to change it for nor to cope with all the modern fandangled technology on new cars either

jeez, people say about not being able to upgrade their satnavs on Lexus cars ....  well my technology is way better than upgrading aged old built in obsolescence that cost a fortune to deal with . .... I just use google maps on my phone .  zero cost and always upgraded daily methinks .  and it works too

Malc

• Like 2

Totally agree with you Malc on the "Improvements on satnav" since they introduced it in the Mark 4 ls400 24 years ago. Mine still tells me where I am going even when it is running on a road that was not built 24 years ago it just cuts its own path accross the screen in the direction we are going then links up with the roads that were there at the development time of the CD

How cool is that costs nowt and it works, so glad I stuck with the old technology . 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links