Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Admiral Insurance - MyTrips

Received my renewal quote from Admiral last week and was pleasantly surprised that it'll be £40-odd lower than 2021, so I'll be staying with them.

What really piqued my interest though is that they seem to be pushing usage of the "MyTrips" function on their App.

Basically, it sounds like Google-style location tracking with potential discounts available for "good" drivers. The data can also be used to pinpoint your location for emergency assistance in the event of a claim/accident.

Apparently the data isn't used against you (regardless of driving performance) to increase your premium.

Anyway, as someone who doesn't exceed speed limits too often, or when I do, not by much (😉). I'm tempted to enable the feature to see if I can  reduce my premium even further.

Does anyone have any experience of this, or a similar thing with another insurer?

Blimey 40 quid cheaper than last year with Admiral? After 3 years with them they upped mine by 150 quid. Looked elsewhere and for the first time in years a quote under 400 quid. Told Admiral and they offered me same as previous year. I said thanks but no thanks. 

Yep, £282. Down from £325 last year.

I'm actually seeing a few quotes generated on confused.com that are under £200, but that's for esure who ripped me off in the past, so they're not an option.

On 3/15/2022 at 8:02 PM, J Henderson said:

Basically, it sounds like Google-style location tracking with potential

I'm going to be somewhat wary of these systems being installed by 3rd parties in the future 

Like EVs and charging locators I'm just thinking that " big brother " be it Govt or simply Big Corp tracking might not for always be in our best interests 

Maybe I'm being overly cautious BUT I don't really want any of my personal life to be checked-out 

Malc

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links