Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Dealer Par Excellance

Julncamp54

Congratulations on your purchase I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as your last one if not more.

Great to hear that Lexus in Preston are doing such a great job - customer care can be the difference between buying a new car and walking out of a showroom feeling insulted. Well done Lexus Preston.

I collected my ES Takumi last week, it will be interesting share our experiences as we move through our ownership experiences.

Enjoy it Malcolm.

• 8 months later...

A very interesting thread to read. Up until now, I have only bought older Lexus models from Private and Independent Retailers. On the two occasions I have visited my local Lexus Dealer (both for a 12V battery), I was met with a warm smile and courtesy regarding my enquiry. I do not think a loyal regular customer would have been treated better. Some cynics would say they are there to relieve you of your money ...... fair enough but other premium brands do the same with little politeness or honesty. 

I used Mitsubishi Canterbury for many years. Why? The reason was simple. The customer service was superb, particularly when I had issues. That is the hallmark of a good dealer in my opinion. Yes, they can sell you a car but after sales service is often the clincher for a returning customer. The poorest service I received was at a SKODA dealership. The salesman (a cocky young schmuck) promised to sort a couple of small bodywork issues AFTER the sale. You can guess he was not interested after I bought the car. It was not a deal breaker but I would never return to that dealership.

I will post a recent experience at Lexus Canterbury ............ watch this space!

• Thanks 1

Sorry to say I just have not found the hype to be true with the local dealer, quite often limited parking with the neighbouring same franchise Toyota dealer using up the spaces. Not finding any parking and having to park offsite is also quite possible then undertaking what can be quite a significant walk. It was outstanding the day the new car was handed over but outside of this I am not seeing the dealer experience as being any better than other mainstream brands. Certainly not anything terrible but comparable to Toyota in terms of welcome and overall experience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cs150 said:

I am not seeing the dealer experience as being any better than other mainstream brands. Certainly not anything terrible but comparable to Toyota in terms of welcome and overall experience.

Maybe Lexus Cambridge need to up their game?

In any situation, even a charity where a person is a volunteer, THEY are representing the company and should be very mindful of that. We all have off days but dealing with the public is a skill, that sadly many people lack.

Can you train people to be polite?

1 minute ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Maybe Lexus Cambridge need to up their game?

In any situation, even a charity where a person is a volunteer, THEY are representing the company and should be very mindful of that. We all have off days but dealing with the public is a skill, that sadly many people lack.

Can you train people to be polite?

EXCELLENCE !

On 3/24/2022 at 9:37 AM, Malc said:

oh but this wonderful experience could extend to other of life's experiences .......  and expectations

simply " old fashioned " customer caring attitudes that quite simply have evaporated over the years .........  putting it down to societal non-caring and maybe poor understanding of life's " mores " ............  

Well done to Lexus Preston .  wonder where they taught the staff those skills eh ! ......  maybe some special Lexus School of Understanding !   or more likely some " old boy ( or lady ) " with exceptional marketing skills methinks

Julian and lady, you will now be long time Ambassadors for the team at Lexus Preston  ..  may the coffee and bikkies flow well at every visit :wink3:

Malc

biccies, North of Thames ?

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links