Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Advice on a SC430 for my Father.

rdb85

My dad is looking to buy an SC430 and is in need of some advice on what to look out for? Problem areas and general costs. 

He has said that he has seen this online;

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202201241720213?advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=L19 0NY&model=SC 430&sort=distance&page=1&make=Lexus&include-delivery-option=on

• Like 1

The drivers seat will tell you how the car has been loved.

brake pedal rubber wears on edge at about 100k.

check for water marks from leaky roof seals esp in boot.

clunky transmission may be water in gearbox

• Like 1

These cars are pretty bullet proof engine and gearbox are good for some huge mileages  so not a problem, bodywork is good, chassis suffers from surface rust but usually treatable, main dealer parts can be expensive  but plenty of aftermarket suppliers, most cars will need exhaust replacing at 10 + years old and often shock absorbers though at £300 a corner a set of coilovers may be the way to go,abs  rings seem to be coming up a lot recently but £200 at an indi or £25 if you can DIY, finally a good service history is better than a lower mileage these are just my opinions and hopefully  far more knowledgeable people will answer your post, good luck whatever you decide 😀 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rdb85 said:

My dad is looking to buy an SC430 and is in need of some advice on what to look out for? Problem areas and general costs. 

He has said that he has seen this online;

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202201241720213?advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=L19 0NY&model=SC 430&sort=distance&page=1&make=Lexus&include-delivery-option=on

Rob, tell your dad to join this club as it is full of SC430 owners. Some members are on here too.

https://forum.lexusownersclub.com/

• Like 1

Thanks I will pass on the information. He’s not into computers etc. What do you all think about the one that’s been linked in the original post. 

6 minutes ago, rdb85 said:

Thanks I will pass on the information. He’s not into computers etc. What do you all think about the one that’s been linked in the original post. 

This is it. I rate Matt the owner of High Peak.

• Like 1

Hi Rob

I have had mine for 18 months and asked questions and surfed the net looking for one. In the end there was 2x 2007's in the frame, a blue one in Glasgow or Silver in Bedford both big distances from me in Meltham. It is not the distance but the right car for your day.

That is a medley of thing that matter to him like milage, colour of the car and trim which is personal to him. Any corrosion on top and underneath, if everything works.

Then trust is a big thing and if he goes for the one at High Peaks, I have heard he is a good guy. 

It's not so far from where I live.

The engines and quality is excellent but a service history is definitely desirable especially if its done by a Lexus dealer. The specification is awesome considering the age of them

After buying it some cash and hard work can make any car much better, well it certainly did for mine!

Good look to your dad and I hope you find him the right one. I smile and feel happy every time I see mine, start it up or drive it, I hope your dad feels the same.

20210908_082732.thumb.jpg.2bd8cd666a78a98d3d8369b8f1e71331.jpg

Regards, Anthony 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Looks a nice car, slightly over-priced for 2001 with 130k miles. I'm a fan of Matt's videos and he does seem to do a proper job and give good advice but at that price point I would want to inspect this car on a ramp to see what has been done about the advisories list, did they service it with Toyota parts and fluids and it's odd that they haven't fixed the sat nav. I haven't seen a follow up video. 

image.thumb.png.80dc05c4113f6eb11c68940e89856a1e.png

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links