Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car back after re spray

Localhero

a very good looking motor, to be commended ...... mpg is totally irrelevant when you've bought a Lexus V8 

Deciding when to stop the spending on " improvements " is always a tad challenging .........  I've always a mind's eye on the write-off value should summat silly happen to a beloved car  ....  insurers can be and usually are just after saving themselves money and bells and whistles, new wheels, tyres etc count for nowt .  well, in my experience anyway 

Might you go for an Agreed Value with your insurer ?

Malc

• Thanks 1

Thanks Stewart. That's something I will keep a note of. Obviously whitewalls are a subjective choice, but at least can easily be reversed.

• Like 1

On 08/05/2022 at 3:58 PM, Howplum said:

Thanks Stewart. That's something I will keep a note of. Obviously whitewalls are a subjective choice, but at least can easily be reversed.

Can I just add a warning best Not to whitewall brand new tyres my fronts are turning brown, my backs are still pretty good, he does warn you of this and its a common problem! The new tyres leech into the white paint he sells some special cleaner which tbh doesn't really work IMHO, best to do it on tyres that have done 3k miles👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Localhero said:

Can I just add a warning best Not to whitewall brand new tyres my fronts are turning brown, my backs are still pretty good, he does warn you of this and its a common problem! The new tyres leech into the white paint he sells some special cleaner which tbh doesn't really work IMHO, best to do it on tyres that have done 3k miles👍

I would think brakes dust might be the cause or that mixed with front tyre temperatures.

Still there is a solution to your problem …bottle of tipex and a few hours to spare 😉😉

• Like 2

You can still get whitewall paint but it's applying it, I have found that if I jack the wheel up and hold a cordless drill (rubber chuck) against the tread I can rotate the wheel at variable speeds backwards and forwards but I need a paint applicator which is a bottle with a  knurled metal roller on top these sell for $150  I had a go today with a brush but cannot get a perfect circle using masking tape 🤔any ideas?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 4/25/2022 at 11:40 PM, Neil E said:

Like the classic theme, I can't remember anyone else taking the car in that direction and the shape does lend itself to it. The white band on the tyres looks smart, works well with those multi-spoke wheels and that lovely blue paintwork does look good. 👍

Does the luggage rack create much wind noise? 

"Does the luggage rack create much wind noise? "

None that I can hear. Was not sure about it at the start ,but it has grown on me and have come to quite like it. Bit of a throwback to years gone by.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2022 at 8:19 PM, Bob King said:

Best I ever saw was 33mpg, that was a 2 x 120 mile run to a car show and back home 😎

My digital reading bringing that car home from Conway to Preston was 38.5, no that's not a typo.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links