Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Changes to an existing order

Aljaf90

Hi Everyone

I currently have an ES300h F Sport with tech & safety pack on order - placed December 2021. Order is currently still 'processing' but my dealer is still expecting a July delivery date. Let's see...

At the time I went for this specification as it came in under the £40,000 list price so I could avoid the luxury car tax. Since the subsequent price increases, I can no longer avoid this. My dealer did say I can cancel my order and have my holding deposit refunded if I wanted to, but I have decided to take the hit and proceed.

Anyway, I am now considering the 'Takumi pack' as an option instead of the 'tech and safety pack' seeing as I will be paying the luxury car tax anyway. Before I speak to the dealer, my questions are:

A) Isit even possible to make such changes to an existing order at this time. It's still in 'Order in progress' at the moment and hasn't advanced to 'build' stage yet. I am buying via pcp.

B) If it is possible, would it impact the existing expected delivery date of the vehicle, or will this delay it / push me to the back of the queue?

C) Isit worth the price difference between the 2 packs? (currently the list price difference is £3480). I know the big seller of the Takumi pack is the ML sound system but honestly, i'm not too bothered about the sound. I specifically like the idea of the automatic boot with kick sensor, 360 pano view monitor & rear window electric sunshade (have a baby on the way so this may be useful). The head-up display is also nice, but not as important as the other 3 features mentioned.

Appreciate all of your advice and comments.

I would imagine your order is based on the price list that was valid in December 2021. There was a price increase at January 2022, and another in February 2022. Would the dealer still price a revised order based on the December price list? I would doubt that.

34 minutes ago, Dippo said:

I would imagine your order is based on the price list that was valid in December 2021. There was a price increase at January 2022, and another in February 2022. Would the dealer still price a revised order based on the December price list? I would doubt that.

Hi there 

Are you suggesting that because it’s old pricing, the dealer wouldn’t wish to upgrade me to a takumi pack, even if the upgraded option alone is based on new pricing?

2 hours ago, Aljaf90 said:

Hi there 

Are you suggesting that because it’s old pricing, the dealer wouldn’t wish to upgrade me to a takumi pack, even if the upgraded option alone is based on new pricing?

As far as I'm aware, with any vehicle I've bought, the price you order it at is the price you pay.

I've never had  dealer say "oh the price has gone up since you ordered so you have to pay the new price now"

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, rayaans said:

As far as I'm aware, with any vehicle I've bought, the price you order it at is the price you pay.

I've never had  dealer say "oh the price has gone up since you ordered so you have to pay the new price now"

Apologies, perhaps I was not clear. I am not expecting price changes to my existing order which includes the tech and safety pack. 

I am considering changing the tech & safety pack option on my existing order, to a takumi pack. This is naturally, a more expensive option. 

5 hours ago, Aljaf90 said:

Apologies, perhaps I was not clear. I am not expecting price changes to my existing order which includes the tech and safety pack. 

I am considering changing the tech & safety pack option on my existing order, to a takumi pack. This is naturally, a more expensive option. 

What I was trying to say is, if your order came in at under £40k, it should still be that price despite the price changes that followed. So you shouldn't have to pay the supplementary tax.

You may be able to change the order but this usually means a delay and you'll pay the updated prices on the whole vehicle.

Best to check with the dealer but I suspect they'd cancel the original order and put in a completely new one

1 minute ago, NemesisUK said:

VED is determined by the price list in force at the time of first registration not that at the point of placing the order.

It is very unfair but this statement should be placed at the top of the forum.

It has caught out a lot of people.

I suspect the next issue will be cars being updated before build and delivery and therefore the price going up.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links