Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LC500 V8s back to mid £40k by end of year?

Flytvr

There is another interpretation of what’s going on than “crazy stuff!”.

It might just mean that your bold LC market theory, that you were so sure of and so jaw-droppingly smug about a while ago, is wrong.

Owners hang on to these cars, so supply is extremely limited.  Demand is sufficient that they aren’t crashing down to 40k at all, not even the yellow ones.  

(Apologies again to any yellow owners - you’re just more confident than me - I simply couldn’t carry it off)

Once they hit the ten year mark and these fabulous cars are no longer covered by warranty things might be different, but by then Lexus probably won’t be selling these, indeed nobody will be selling v8s.

These things are luxurious, will last forever, look amazing, sound amazing and are already rarer than hens teeth. 

Maybe you have bought one while you could, rather than just talk talk talk…….

Oh no, you wanted the perfect spec didn’t you.  

For a fiver.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Arth_Vader said:

There is another interpretation of what’s going on than “crazy stuff!”.

It might just mean that your bold LC market theory, that you were so sure of and so jaw-droppingly smug about a while ago, is wrong.

Owners hang on to these cars, so supply is extremely limited.  Demand is sufficient that they aren’t crashing down to 40k at all, not even the yellow ones.  

(Apologies again to any yellow owners - you’re just more confident than me - I simply couldn’t carry it off)

Once they hit the ten year mark and these fabulous cars are no longer covered by warranty things might be different, but by then Lexus probably won’t be selling these, indeed nobody will be selling v8s.

These things are luxurious, will last forever, look amazing, sound amazing and are already rarer than hens teeth. 

Maybe you have bought one while you could, rather than just talk talk talk…….

Oh no, you wanted the perfect spec didn’t you.  

For a fiver.  🙂

If they're so good why are these sat here for months on end untouched? One of these cars has been for sale for almost a year at a price your basically saying is scandalous? There was a flurry of activity when several cars came up under 50k and they went fast, everything else has sat around 

I think it's much more likely there's a mismatch in the market, buyers don't see the value and sellers are overestimating their worth.

Rarity and luxury by themselves don't dictate price.

15 minutes ago, Brian R said:

Are you actually going to buy one, or are we obliged to suffer the tedium of your market muses for ever and a day? 

You don't have to enter the topic do you? I'll buy one when I find the right one! I've got space for it now anyways after selling one of the other cars!

56 minutes ago, DtoTheM said:

You don't have to enter the topic do you? I'll buy one when I find the right one! I've got space for it now anyways after selling one of the other cars!

You are absolutely right and I'll be pressing the ignore button straight after this post.

2 hours ago, DtoTheM said:

Mines for sale at Hedge End - you know you want it.

Well he’s not obliged to read but equally you’re definitely not obliged to post here ad nauseam.  As for telling Brian not to read a topic he is a Lexus owner on a Lexus owner forum (see website name) and you are not.

You defend your right to a presence here but basically you’re not here to contribute or learn but simply to promote the theory that Lexus owner-owned LCs are overpriced - and prices will fall significantly- in the forlorn hope you can buy one yourself.

If current Lexus LC owners object to that somewhat pessimistic theory - promoted by a non Lexus owner on an owner forum, then they have every right to read that guff and object to it, rather than leaving you to peddle your pessimistic guff unchallenged.

(Speaking of objecting to your pessimistic guff there is so much  nonsense crammed in your last short  “market analysis” reply to me that I haven’t got time to address it line by line - but I will later - don’t worry.   I rather enjoy it.)

• Like 4

Early stuff - there is now zero for sale apart from the two bananas. If you want an early non GPF exhaust and don’t like yellow you’re kind of knackered 😂

Everything else is 2019/2020 and newer. My guess is people are catching on. 2017/2018 plate coupe for mid 50s with granite build quality and potentially 5 years warranty left on that N/A V8? Find me something else that compares? Anything decent under 60-70 doesn’t seem to last for long.

Today there are 17 V8s on AT. Orange over tan ‘vert down to 95. If you don’t like yellow and want non-resprayed wheels the cheapest uk price is 64 grand. Nothing cheaper on the market anywhere.

BARGAIN - Hatfield have just advertised a 2020 sport plus convertible, red over tan, hud and ML for 69995. Ad says convertible, my spidey senses say coupe at that price. Reg is KE70UCN . If it’s a soft top it’s a steal!

https://used.lexus.co.uk/approved-used/lexus-lc-500-convertible-5-0-v8-sport-plus-auto-euro-6-2dr-jthfpaay60a100564

Edited cos that is confirmed by Lexus as a convertible. Bloody hell that’s cheap!

Edited by eightk
  • Like 1

Did you call them?

Knowing how Hatfield do their pricing (top end) I suspect that’s a mistake.  

If it isn’t, and if I didn’t need my back seats to be semi usable by short people and toddlers I’d be driving there to put a deposit down.

(Convertible seats are worse than coupes) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arth_Vader said:

Did you call them?

Knowing how Hatfield do their pricing (top end) I suspect that’s a mistake.  

If it isn’t, and if I didn’t need my back seats to be semi usable by short people and toddlers I’d be driving there to put a deposit down.

(Convertible seats are worse than coupes) 

To be honest yes I did call them and yes it is convertible. But 22,000 miles - double any other convertible I’ve seen - still super cheap. If I was in the market at any level that’d be a no brainer even borrowing money to up the budget. Full spec, ten grand cheaper than any other I’ve spotted.

On 8/3/2023 at 11:55 PM, DtoTheM said:

If they're so good why are these sat here for months on end untouched? One of these cars has been for sale for almost a year at a price your basically saying is scandalous? There was a flurry of activity when several cars came up under 50k and they went fast, everything else has sat around 

I think it's much more likely there's a mismatch in the market, buyers don't see the value and sellers are overestimating their worth.

“If they're so good why are these sat here for months on end untouched? One of these cars has been for sale for almost a year at a price your basically saying is scandalous?”

My answer:  I take it you’re still fixating on the yellow ones, one low spec and one with 80k miles.  Takes a special kind of person to want a massive yellow sporty car, even yellow Lambos and Ferraris are rare, and Lexus buyers are far more conservative.  I wouldn’t buy either of these as I might have to sell it later.  Stop fixating on them.  

“There was a flurry of activity when several cars came up under 50k and they went fast, everything else has sat around”   

My answer:  I think that demonstrates that there are knowledgeable waiting buyers who recognise the extreme value of a non yellow LC at even slightly under 50k, and that pent up demand is strong while supply is weak. Anything under 50k is a very sound used buy, and dealers wanting to make a quick buck will have priced to sell quick.  They DID go quick.  Really quick. Tells you something, and it’s not that prices are going down further.

“I think it's much more likely there's a mismatch in the market, buyers don't see the value and sellers are overestimating their worth.”

My answer:   BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH (and see previous answer )

“Rarity and luxury by themselves don't dictate price.”

My final answer:  I don’t think I said anything like that and I don’t agree with that.  I’d say beautiful looks, awesome v8 sound, extreme reliability leading to longevity and predictable running costs AND rarity and luxury dictate prices.

• Like 2

I agree - that’s why there’s currently sod all for sale under 64k that isn’t yellow! Might change due to economy and/or autumn but recently buyers have bought - and fast. Mid 50s or thereabouts and they’re a bargain. The stuff that sticks has issues - colour, wheels, spec. If it’s right, it sells.

Buttons to run, still warrantied for years to come, brilliant dealers, sounds and looks amazing, and nobody else has one. Heck, an early one probably doesn’t even have luxury car tax on it now?

• Like 2

23 hours ago, DtoTheM said:

Looks like that convertible has gone up to 75k, someone put the wrong price in!

I bought a Tesla like that before they realised. Citroen dealer selling two almost identical Model S forgot to include the ‘P’ when they typed in P100D into their valuation price guide. Big oops.
Buy that convertible quick, it’ll be 80k by the weekend…

New entry on autotrader- 67 plate red sport plus coupe, 56k, black/ red interior and hud - great spec. It’ll sell but a non main dealer might slow it down a bit.

Mid 40s is still a while off I suspect. It’ll happen, but the LC will be less affected by interest rates, mortgages etc than more oversupplied stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2023 at 10:32 AM, DtoTheM said:

Good news guys, the unsellable Yellow LC is now £100 cheaper...

There. See. You were right - they were overpriced 😂

Still nothing else new on the market, not under 100k anyway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eightk said:

There. See. You were right - they were overpriced 😂

Still nothing else new on the market, not under 100k anyway.

Might be selling mine.

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Might be selling mine.

But then it just looks at me with that look, saying  “Sell me, what do I care. I’m so beautiful and will easily find a new owner!”

It’s like doing the lottery on direct debit - the minute you cancel it, you’ll know you’ll regret it!

33D19A44-63A4-4656-BD32-BE27A802A3EE.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2023 at 11:55 PM, DtoTheM said:

Actually ,in stockmarket traders speak, this sort of thing belongs in what is known as a 'thin' market. There can be very little movement in such markets, but unless there is a 'forced' seller to be found it has no implications for a 'weak' price.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links