Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wiring diagrams for a 2010 Is250

Hi Guys

I've recently gotten an XTRONS head unit for my IS250 and while it does work wonderfully, one thing that wasn't supported out of the box was the reverse camera. This has something to do with the fact that our IS250s operate the camera on 6V and if we plugged it straight into the RCA output it would probably fry it as that runs on an elevated 12V.

I have been made aware that we can get it working but to do that require us to tap two wires and wire it to an RCA cable and depending on your specific car you may need to convert the signal to 6V. Only problem is that I have no clue which wires to tap.

On 06 to 09 vehicles this is very well documented on the US Club Lexus forum by one of the members. Only trouble I'm having is that there are not many wiring diagrams for a facelift IS (09 onwards) and the ones I have seen I can't spot the television camera controller or the camera being wired into the head unit. 

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-3rd-gen-2006-2011/885999-tesla-style-headunit-with-oem-camera.html

If anyone wouldn't mind pointing me in the right direction for these (even if its a paid option) it would be greatly appreciated. As much as I have gotten used to parking my car without it, it would be nice to have it working and if I can't I have been eyeing up a 360 Reverse Camera system! 

Your link says - it is for car 2006-2011. I have wiring diagram, but it is the same as already provided they are simply for IS250, not specifically facelift. 

What makes you think that camera wiring would be different between 2010 and older cars?  

29 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Your link says - it is for car 2006-2011. I have wiring diagram, but it is the same as already provided they are simply for IS250, not specifically facelift. 

What makes you think that camera wiring would be different between 2010 and older cars?  

Well I didn’t think so at first so I took a look where the connector I need to tap into is (connected to a television camera controller ECU) but when I tried to locate the television camera controller I wasn’t able to find it for my vehicle. 

That then LED me to believe the wiring could be different but I’ve not been able to confirm my suspicions and I’d rather be sure which wires I’m tapping before going about this. 

• Like 1

Have you contacted Xtrons about this issue? How's the fit of your Xtrons unit? I've seen too many where the fit is naff.

20 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Have you contacted Xtrons about this issue? How's the fit of your Xtrons unit? I've seen too many where the fit is naff.

I've been in touch with them but they did tell me from the get go the standard OEM camera isnt compatible out of the box. That being said I did speak to my local dealer and they advised me I can check out the Lexus Tech site and get my diagrams for a small fee for the hour. I havent had time recently but will attempt this on the weekend. I did also order a 360 camera system from Ali Express so do watch this space as that will be a good alternative to the OEM camera. 

In terms of fit, its actually spot on and looks close to stock, almost reminiscent of the new NX450h+'s infotainment. This is probably because my car is a facelift and these style of android unit fascias are better suited to the newer air vent shape and the way the clips for it are. If you had a pre facelift the air vent leaves a horrible gap at the top and the android unit doesnt quite fit into the below stereo / radio part without grinding off some of the clips. The only gripe I have with this is that the colours dont match quite the same but I suspect its down to my original plastics fading, and the bottom section of the radio no longer illuminates but I've tried to match the green close to the stock LEDs. 

IMG_7435.thumb.jpg.96c2c0297107dbbf27124ddea3b30e01.jpgIMG_7441.thumb.jpg.42629b4b4789f4c0ac58748fda0b3dc2.jpgIMG_7440.thumb.jpg.cd39adecb19f63ea5be6ffb955d39d7e.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

This is a little old but just incase you havnt done it yet you could use this https://www.amazon.co.uk/EBILUN-Converter-Voltage-Changer-Regulator/dp/B07HCC8C6Z It will take the 12v and step it down to 6v. Just place it between the wire and camera.  

I've used these for my drone's previously when i need to take the 14.8v to 5v for the camera then full power on the VTX.

14 hours ago, MrTrendizzle said:

This is a little old but just incase you havnt done it yet you could use this https://www.amazon.co.uk/EBILUN-Converter-Voltage-Changer-Regulator/dp/B07HCC8C6Z It will take the 12v and step it down to 6v. Just place it between the wire and camera.  

I've used these for my drone's previously when i need to take the 14.8v to 5v for the camera then full power on the VTX.

Cheers for the suggestion Trend, apparently this isn’t always necessary as the Television Camera ECU supplies the 6V for the reverse camera so assuming you could find the wire it’s just a case of tapping into it as normal.

in any case I’ve decided to not bother with the stock camera due to its fairly poor quality, I’ve actually opted to fit a 360 camera system as my new head unit supports it. Watch this space! 

B2EF07F8-D825-49EA-BF10-FCFF854D979D.thumb.jpeg.a704327fe7558c7dac0783822bc732d5.jpeg

995800AB-F9B9-4CD9-8545-6539DF214833.thumb.jpeg.66f5ec9350df6cde82b90680229ca230.jpeg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links