Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Badly Scuffed My Front Wheel Today :(

Waiting in traffic I pulled over to let a fire engine get past. the Kerb was too high to mount so i tried to get as close as possible, well i got too close and scratched up my wheel.

here is a Photo. It looks really bad. do you think it could be fixed? maybe sand it and relacquer??

:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

as long as it is just scuffed and not too deep, you should be able to use wet and dry to smooth it out

i would use a grade that doesnt seem to do a lot, it may take longer but will avoid any scratch marks

then a few coats of laquer

might use the oppurtunity to give them a clean :lol::lol:

:offtopic: what profile are those tyres, look very low to me :)

Let the pros deal with it as it will never look the same if you do a DIY fix.

theres nothing to loose if you do it yourself, if it looks crap afterwards, then take it to the pros :)

dont look too bad to me

theres nothing to loose if you do it yourself, if it looks crap afterwards, then take it to the pros :)

dont look too bad to me

Tight git :P it will only cost about £50 and will look like new.

dont look too bad to me

Tight git :P it will only cost about £50 and will look like new.

mine do :whistling:

as long as it is just scuffed and not too deep, you should be able to use wet and dry to smooth it out

i would use a grade that doesnt seem to do a lot, it may take longer but will avoid any scratch marks

then a few coats of laquer

might use the oppurtunity to give them a clean :lol::lol:

:offtopic: what profile are those tyres, look very low to me :)

Thanks for the tip

I have some 1200 grit i'll give that a whirl.

as for the tyre they are yokohama 17 x 205 x 40

I was told the wheels were self cleaning :lol: :D :lol:

Waiting in traffic I pulled over to let a fire engine get past. the Kerb was too high to mount so i tried to get as close as possible, well i got too close and scratched up my wheel.

Unless the kerb is very low i would never go on to it for the police!! - might be a bit arrogant but if it gets scuffed they wouldnt give a :tsktsk:

Unless the kerb is very low i would never go on to it for the police!! - might be a bit arrogant but if it gets scuffed they wouldnt give a :tsktsk:

it was for a fire engine!

somewhere was on fire - they may well have been on there way to save lives.

thats a :tsktsk: ed up set of values if you would be more concerned about scuffing a set of wheels than helping the emergency services out.

somewhere was on fire - they may well have been on there way to save lives.

thats a :tsktsk: ed up set of values if you would be more concerned about scuffing a set of wheels than helping the emergency services out.

lads lads if it was an ambulance or fire brigade of course i would im not that messed up!! ;)

But not the police?

I have to say buddy, the police do save lives and prevent crimes, no matter what i think of the police force and their priorities, i will always move out the way for one with blue lights going.

Stu

I have to say buddy, the police do save lives and prevent crimes, no matter what i think of the police force and their priorities, i will always move out the way for one with blue lights going.

Spot on Stu! Agreed that we may not always want the police around but I have a lot of respect for them and they are up against some awful people in this world! They need all the help they can get! But I guess there's no helping some people.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links