Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Question about the boot size

Ruffle

Hi,

Bit of a weird question but I thought I'd give it a try.

I don't have an LC500 but I'm seriously thinking about one. I currently have an XKR which is great but getting a bit long in the tooth. Given that there are not too many years left before we can't buy cars with proper engines the LC500 seems a great choice while they're still available but...

...before I organise a test drive, could anyone tell me if a 70x46x22cm size box will fit in the boot? If it can't then the LC500 is a total no-go for me 😞

My Jag dealer dropped in an F-Type for me to test while my XKR was being serviced but one look in the boot was enough to tell me that I couldn't fit the box I absolutely have to carry from time to time so the F-Type didn't move off my drive (why get all excited by a car I can't use).

Thanks.

Beat me to it Chris! Just been out to mine, a 500h and therefore with a smaller boot and no problem at all to fit something of that size. Do also remember you have 2 (presumably) vacant seats in the rear which would also readily take that size box and then some.

Hopefully you can now buy with confidence but I never realised the F type was so lacking in that department.

Thanks chaps, very helpful.

Sounds like it is sensible booking a test drive (I'll take a box with me and scare the salesman by trying it in the boot!).

All I have to do is choose between the Leicester and Cambridge dealers both being around an hour from me.

Any comments on those two?

BTW - rear seats wouldn't work as if I stay overnight my insurance won't cover me if the 'goods' are visible from the outside so it's in the boot or nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

I can give a thumbs up for Cambridge. In the past we bought a 2020 RX 450h F sport from them and nothing was too much trouble. A very nice, friendly dealership.

Dave.

Thanks for that. I may well be heading over that way as so far Leicester have been less than impressive 😞

I filled in the online test drive booking form, got an email back saying they would phone next day... they didn't... or the next day despite a reminder email from me. Still not heard a peep from them; my request was sent on June the 8th.

I know it's a sellers market but even so 😞

Sadly I'm got stuff on for the next couple of weeks so it'll be July before I can try again.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links