Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LC 500 21 inch wheel insurance

Winston

Hi 

Does anyone know if you can get wheel insurance/cover for these wheels and tyres 

Lexus has wheel/tyre cover but won’t cover these wheels on it as they are forged split rims

And as they are so expensive to repair/replace insurance would be good if it was sensibly priced

Winston

Sorry I didn’t know the answer to your question. Perhaps you should pose the question on the LC forum where it would get better response 

23 minutes ago, Winston said:

And as they are so expensive to repair/replace insurance would be good if it was sensibly priced

Surely they would be covered by the vehicle's insurance policy, but subject to the usual excess etc?

48 minutes ago, Winston said:

Hi 

Does anyone know if you can get wheel insurance/cover for these wheels and tyres 

Lexus has wheel/tyre cover but won’t cover these wheels on it as they are forged split rims

Winston

It’s an interesting question.  I was wondering why you don’t ask your Insurers?

I would think any damage insurance specific to wheels and tyres would be pretty costly, considering their vulnerability to kerbing.

I must admit that when I kerbed my alloys and had my local ChipsAway guy over to do an excellent repair, it never occurred to me to put in a claim.  I would have thought that the resulting increase in Premium would exceed the cost of the repair.

What I did instead was to fit a set of Alloygators which have prevented any further damage.  Now, if a wheel contacts a kerb, the worse damage is a scuff on the plastic rim protector.

A couple of related threads.

I think any stand alone wheel/tyre insurance is likely to be very expensive. The fact Lexus won't cover using their preferred insurer would support this?

• Like 1

Hi Spook and Len

I have the car on my business insurance policy it incorporates a lot of vehicle and drivers 

the insurance costs over £30,000 per year so I don’t claim on anything under a couple of k as any increase is large and I get a 10% rebate if I have no claims in a year

so something separate would be ideal

Winston 

Hi Again LenT

I have just looked up alloy gaitor (had not heard of them)

they are quite cheep and look as though them may do the job

how do they look on the car , do they cheapen it or look good?

and thanks for the help

Winston

3 hours ago, Winston said:

Hi Again LenT

I have just looked up alloy gaitor (had not heard of them)

they are quite cheep and look as though them may do the job

how do they look on the car , do they cheapen it or look good?

and thanks for the help

Winston

I hope you can see them here.

When I had the car ‘detailed’ they were on the rims when the wheels were being treated.  I chose black to blend in with the tyre, but as you may have already seen, they come in a range of colours if you want to make a feature of them.

Scuffs can be polished away if the Alloygator is marked - apparently.  I’ve not bothered myself.  

They certainly do the job as far as warding off kerbing marks is concerned.  And any impact sufficient to really damage the Alloygator would probably have buckled the wheel. 

Considering the cost of these alloy wheels, I feel that if they prevent one scuffed rim, then they’ve paid for themselves.

image.thumb.jpeg.b11276451b09bbcec0f1486f49676c0e.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I was thinking of getting them in red to match the car but after seeing some pictures of them in colours they look rather cheap

your pictures in black look fine and I think that is the way to go

thanks for your help

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links