Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Door mirror.....

PGL

Locked car, door mirrors didn't fold in, attempted unlocking and locking car without any change.

Few hours later came back tried locking/unlocking a few times without change.... car pulled in next to me, then sat for a moment, looked towards me them drove away, must have thought I was breaking in!

Started car, door mirrors folded in, now won't move out. Drove home like this.

It may be due to hot weather, but seems like I need to reset somehow, any ideas?

399675494_mirrorswitch.thumb.jpg.16ed47ad8d449248155a744b0956983e.jpg

This is a left hand drive but switch should be more or less the same. The one we have has a switch like in the lower picture and in one position mirrors do not move in another they open and close and point down when gear selector is in reverse.

Thank you Las Palmas, Success!

I contacted Lexus dealership without yet receiving any response, so forum wins again!

19 minutes ago, PGL said:

Thank you Las Palmas, Success!

I contacted Lexus dealership without yet receiving any response, so forum wins again!

No problem Malcolm. That is what a friendly forum is for.

Only surprise is that I was first with the information. There are several here that have had Lexus longer time, but maybe it is summer-holiday time.

I've had vehicles with door mirrors that fold in/out for many years without having this issue previously, have you experienced this before John?

57 minutes ago, PGL said:

I've had vehicles with door mirrors that fold in/out for many years without having this issue previously, have you experienced this before John?

Never. Just tried all buttons in the car and this one has 3 positions and in the middle when at the same time the mirror choose side button is on the drivers side position it close and open and point the mirrors down when in reverse, and show normal behind the car when driving forward or parked.

It take  while to find out all functions and the possibility to read through a clumsy and stupidly written manual is not what I prefer. To find a picture in the manual when you know exactly what to search for is not even easy. Write a manual in Japanese - translate it through Google and you get such a stupid manual as we have.

As good as Lexus is when it come to reliability and hardware as poor they are when it come to software and documentation. Just look at the navigation. Completely impossible to use. They should have bought help from Becker or Garmin to make navigation system. They bought help from Mark Levinson to make an excellent audio system (recommended by Paul McCartney - see "Motor of love"), why they cannot do similar about navigation is just so stupid that it is not to understand.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links