Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can’t turn off AC, ML screen dead

So bizarre, the screen came on today for just one journey to work.

Must be some wires or something, hoping to open up the unit this weekend.

if it was dead unit surely it t wouldn’t have come on after days of being off.

1C18A3EC-737E-4B6B-88E9-B4A822A08494.jpeg

Just now, Ishaq said:

You can see the clock is also not showing the correct time.

On 8/8/2022 at 7:33 PM, toffee_pie said:

If you are tech savy and can take it apart send photos, if the socket is indeed at fault I can do it at my work place and will only charge you shipping - assuming I can get a FFF replacement socket - otherwise you will need a new board

Thanks Toffee.

Its crazy as the unit has been working as normal for past three days. You might be right it might be to do with some socket on the board. I didn’t take out the unit this weekend as it was too hot and also the fact the it is working.

Anyhow, ECP changed over my Bosch S4 Battery, free of charge as it has 5 year warranty and I’ve only had it 2.5yrs. Will see how I get on.

1 hour ago, Ishaq said:

Thanks Toffee.

Its crazy as the unit has been working as normal for past three days. You might be right it might be to do with some socket on the board. I didn’t take out the unit this weekend as it was too hot and also the fact the it is working.

Anyhow, ECP changed over my Bosch S4 battery, free of charge as it has 5 year warranty and I’ve only had it 2.5yrs. Will see how I get on.

A totally dead screen has all the hallmarks of a dodge connector - its been years since I had mine repaired. If your unit goes bad again you probably need to pull it out and open them modules up, the navi unit is split into different bits. I wouldnt fancy taking it to Lexus unles you have a few grand spare.

@Linas.P also done this fix, I believe. I dont reemmber was my fix due to a flakey connector, I think they were ZIF types or was it from the ribbon cable that exits the LCD screen

• Thanks 1

On 8/10/2022 at 5:13 PM, Ishaq said:

At least reading some other treads on US forum this seems to be caused by expansion and contraction during temperature shifts and general vibration in the car. So it is not impossible that car got some sun, heated-up and some contact made connection again. Hopeful it works now and good luck with it, but to as well may be just start of intermittent problem. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links