Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Considering a RX 450h - new or upto two years old?

I am thinking of moving to an RX450h. There seems to be good discounts and finance rates on the outgoing model. I am unsure to go with brand new - close to 60k- or 1-2 year old from 45k+. The PCP rates on used ones seems very high compared to new one. Anyone gone through similar thoughts?

38 minutes ago, Apl said:

I am thinking of moving to an RX450h. There seems to be good discounts and finance rates on the outgoing model. I am unsure to go with brand new - close to 60k- or 1-2 year old from 45k+. The PCP rates on used ones seems very high compared to new one. Anyone gone through similar thoughts?

Went through exactly this about a year ago. The used ones are generally high priced and the PCP deal for used is nowhere near as attractive (think it was 6.9% vs 1.9% when I bought in November).

Add to that the deposit contribution which you get with new but not used (£2k when I bought last year) and the Lexus loyalty bonus (£1k) added to a five figure discount…if you can still get these types of deals and you’re comfortable with the PCP monthly amount and final payment then at the moment new seems to make a lot more sense to me.

Values of the previous generations give me comfort on depreciation levels too, with a new RX due shortly.

• Like 1

I have just taken delivery of my RX, and can confirm everything Ed has said above. 
The p/x I was offered on my Audi Q5, made the deal a no brainier, new car, low pcp at 1.9%, and guaranteed future value, an excellent package.

Also a consideration, 3 years manufacturer warranty and up to 10 yrs! 
I normally pay cash for my cars, but used prices are very high, so on balance, I was happy with the PCP deal, which I ca pay off at any time, it’s really very flexible. You can pay additional payment off the balance to reduce tie monthly payment or the term of the agreement.

In conclusion I would go new, but be aware, the new RX is out next year, probably won’t  hit the UK until next summer, so the chance to purchase a last RX V6 is certainly narrowing. In fact I will stand corrected on this, but I don’t think they are taking orders for the FSport model!
so…….it’s over to you 🤣😂

• Like 2

Thanks. I was trying to work out the PCP payments for new and 1-2 year old ones. As you said, due to high interest rates and no deposit contribution, the monthly payment is very similar. I think I will go with the new one. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, larryadler said:

I have just taken delivery of my RX, and can confirm everything Ed has said above. 
The p/x I was offered on my Audi Q5, made the deal a no brainier, new car, low pcp at 1.9%, and guaranteed future value, an excellent package.

Also a consideration, 3 years manufacturer warranty and up to 10 yrs! 
I normally pay cash for my cars, but used prices are very high, so on balance, I was happy with the PCP deal, which I ca pay off at any time, it’s really very flexible. You can pay additional payment off the balance to reduce tie monthly payment or the term of the agreement.

In conclusion I would go new, but be aware, the new RX is out next year, probably won’t  hit the UK until next summer, so the chance to purchase a last RX V6 is certainly narrowing. In fact I will stand corrected on this, but I don’t think they are taking orders for the FSport model!
so…….it’s over to you 🤣😂

Glad you got a good deal. There seems to be some available stock at some dealers. Now I need to fix the colour 😎

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, larryadler said:

The p/x I was offered on my Audi Q5, made the deal a no brainier

Indeed, the other fairly unique factor (in my lifetime, anyway) are current part-ex prices. I lost ‘only’ £5k on my NX over four years from new based on the value Lexus Swindon gave me for it. When they retailed it, they were asking the same as it cost me when new (based on the discount I got then) and it sold quickly!! Crazy…

With the RX discount, the various loyalty bonuses and the part-ex, I ended up with a ‘deposit’ of well over 50% of the price of my new RX.

Even so, I’m aware that was quite a lot to borrow, but low interest rates and the flexibility to settle at any point made the decision easy for me to make. And I do love my RX…it’s a special thing. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links