Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Blind Spot Monitoring installed on IS250

I'm not as active on here as I was and i'd like to be due to the time-consuming nature of posting to multiple platforms. Nevertheless, I do try and occasionally post some of my mods on here. I've done quite a few since my last post and will try and update on here soon. Even my blog is a little behind which I need to catch-up on. My most up-to-date posts are on my Instagram page.

Here is a post showing my latest blind spot monitoring system that I have installed on my 2006 IS250. The actual blind spot detection system is a universal system that comes with two stick-on lights that are designed to go on the A-pillar. But I was only interested in doing this mod after I found aftermarket mirrors with antiglare coating that had the BSM icon and LED on the mirror itself. As I needed a replacement glass mirror for one of my mirrors I thought i'd go down this route and install this to make it look and operate like OEM.

I purchased a BSM button from AliExpress for £2 and had to change the backlight to match the rest of my interior. Below are some pictures and a video which shows the project and some working demo video clips at the end.

DSC07407-01.thumb.jpeg.a81c4a2334ae06d055c65f8f7b468ca1.jpeg

20220425_210332.thumb.jpg.4749e41c612e67783856633e1dd5a652.jpg

-6980384811915922651.thumb.jpg.4e70ba45c4beacbea7ec1a57260de8d5.jpg

-1634540263-502557583.thumb.jpg.fb4b64589117acfca7adf9c2d50d5202.jpg

20220726_165528.thumb.jpg.a0e3439c599058b12ae6303753e15b78.jpg

20220810_134505_2.thumb.jpg.49a06b171e04318a01d391f698b14feb.jpg

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Where does the actual sensor mounts?

It operates on the same principle as the OEM systems. There are two microwave radar sensors which are positioned on the body of the car (behind the rear bumper). As pictured in the last picture before the video, I placed it below the parking sensor so that there is no interference from the parking sensor. The radar sensors have to be mounted in a 20 degree angle in order to have the correct operational zone.

8 hours ago, Vintagesixtysix said:

Ahmed…. Your way out of my league 👌.

Always interesting stuff.

+1 on sensor please???

Thank you 🙂 The sensor information i've written above this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ahmed24 said:

It operates on the same principle as the OEM systems. There are two microwave radar sensors which are positioned on the body of the car (behind the rear bumper). As pictured in the last picture before the video, I placed it below the parking sensor so that there is no interference from the parking sensor. The radar sensors have to be mounted in a 20 degree angle in order to have the correct operational zone.

Ahh cool, I looked at the picture and didn't understand what it was showing, but now I clearly see how the sensor is positioned. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, eleveneleven said:

Incredible! Well done mate.

I'm still amazed by the white LED replacement, transforms the interior completely

Thank you. Yes the LED upgrade has completely transformed the interior. I love the new interior colour at night

23 hours ago, eleveneleven said:

Question: How difficult would it be to install radar cruise?

It's not something i've looked into, I'd have to look into it to see how easy or difficult it is. from top of my head I would think you would need the radar sensor at the front, new PCS emblem with grille to allow for PCS emblem as the PCS emblem is bigger. And also potentially the ECU that controls the Cruise control and not to mention the steering switchpad that has the adaptive cruise button.

Job well done! One question: what is the purpose of that BSM button? I'd assume that the BSM function would be always on...

Btw. there is a thread about retrofitting the radar cruise to GS, might be similar to IS? https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/131146-lexus-gs-450h-sport-radar-cruise-control-retrofit/

BR.Sami

18 minutes ago, Sami Tilander said:

Job well done! One question: what is the purpose of that BSM button? I'd assume that the BSM function would be always on...

Yes the BSM is practically on all the time but the button is just there as that extra OEM touch just like many car features to be able to have the ability to turn it off like the parking sensors etc. It's not needed but just there for the OEM look

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links