Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

List price increase due to order delay

Deb444

Hi, I ordered a ux fsport in January and kept the price to under £40000 due to the road tax implications. Because of the 7 month shipping time the new list price has increased to £40592 tipping it over the threshold. So now the tax paperwork has this list price and Lexus are saying there is not much they can do about it. Anyone else had this issue due to the manufacturing delays? I feel I’m being penalised by a delay which is not my fault!! 

• Sad 3

Lexus can't do anything really. The VED is calculated on the list price ruling on the date of first registering the car. You, presumably, are still only paying the price agreed when you signed the purchase order?

Lexus cannot be expected to hold the list price indefinitely so customers avoid the increased VED

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Deb444 said:

Hi, I ordered a ux fsport in January and kept the price to under £40000 due to the road tax implications. Because of the 7 month shipping time the new list price has increased to £40592 tipping it over the threshold. So now the tax paperwork has this list price and Lexus are saying there is not much they can do about it. Anyone else had this issue due to the manufacturing delays? I feel I’m being penalised by a delay which is not my fault!! 

You are most certainly not being penalised Deb.

What has occurred is the consequence of the date of first registration.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, cdmaskell said:

I don’t get this tax,  “How dare you spend more than 40k on a car” You will now pay more VED in the next 4 years. Ye gods.

Indeed, HMG believe if you can afford a 'luxury' car you can afford to pay the 'luxury' tax.

That said it has nothing to do with Lexus, whom I'm sure would welcome a reversal in this additional cost borne by their (potential) customers.

• Like 5

Regarding this issue with the extra VED on vehicles over £40000 no one seems to point out that when this was first introduced it should have been indexed linked because eventually a lot more of the general run of the mill cars will come within scope putting more money in the governments coffers

• Like 5

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links