Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New owner Sittingbourne Kent

Paul weeks

On 9/21/2022 at 4:26 PM, Paul weeks said:

Hi Anthony, the wheels I have are the ones with round disc in the centre, I am hoping that they are the correct ones for the year ? I am assuming the ones on my car at present are after market wheels.

Hi Anthony have had the wheels refurbished and new Michelin Pilot sport 5 tyres put on. Have done a couple of short runs and the tyres feel good on the road, feels a smother ride. Got a good price on the internet  4 tryres for £512 including post, then Michelin give £60 cash back.

A90D8C6B-E09B-4B1F-830B-A2FDE91B37C5.jpeg

• Like 2

Hi Paul

I believe they are a Lexus wheel but even if not, they look brilliant! 😎

Good choice to do that,  I quite liked the others but they were not a patch on those. :clapping:

Ant 🐜 

• 1 month later...
On 9/11/2022 at 9:37 PM, Paul weeks said:

I used to look at the new Sc430 on the Lexus stand at the county show in 2004 with no chance of buying one, but now 18 years later I have become the proud owner of a 54 plate SC with 60,000 miles in good order, it is in the aubergine/black colour with tan leather and I love it. I went to a local show at Aylesford in Kent today and was talking to a very knowledgeable chap by the name of Spencer who gave me several good tips as he was looking at the car. Just wondering if there is any other owners locally, if so would love to have a chat !  Thanks Paul.

FFE8699F-BC3B-4519-9F06-B9DC82785AB7.jpeg

D6A334E2-C782-457E-A33C-AE4C75BE800F.jpeg

Hello to all members. Paul, I saw your car on Autotrader and my heart lifted, not far from me, great colour and seats. So I juggled the finances...Next day the ad was gone. So I tracked your car down on the internet and it LED me to this group. 
So here I am, just registered and a new member. Also the proud owner of a 2004 silver one with black seats, not what I was looking for but I love it. Bought it two weeks ago in Sevenoaks. 102,000 miles and fantastic condition. 
looking forward to the sun coming out again. 

E107231C-68DD-4E96-A2AA-487C418CA148.jpeg

A5D40370-3EED-4E7C-BE08-01B8C816BB85.jpeg

C4B9C3F5-54E4-46F2-B0AE-388B874504EB.jpeg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, 430Steve said:

Hello to all members. Paul, I saw your car on Autotrader and my heart lifted, not far from me, great colour and seats. So I juggled the finances...Next day the ad was gone. So I tracked your car down on the internet and it led me to this group. 
So here I am, just registered and a new member. Also the proud owner of a 2004 silver one with black seats, not what I was looking for but I love it. Bought it two weeks ago in Sevenoaks. 102,000 miles and fantastic condition. 
looking forward to the sun coming out again. 

E107231C-68DD-4E96-A2AA-487C418CA148.jpeg

A5D40370-3EED-4E7C-BE08-01B8C816BB85.jpeg

C4B9C3F5-54E4-46F2-B0AE-388B874504EB.jpeg

A warm welcome to you Steve. That`s a fine colour combination in my view.

The SC430 Group in L.O.C. is growing nicely and others will be along soon to welcome you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

A warm welcome to you Steve. That`s a fine colour combination in my view.

The SC430 Group in L.O.C. is growing nicely and others will be along soon to welcome you. 

Yes welcome Steve. You car is the same year as mine. The SC430 is a great under appreciated car which you will never realise until you own one. Sun is out today so  l have been out in mine. Bit to cold to have the roof down though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Steve

Welcome to LOC, you look like you purchased a fine example, will it be a daily driver or a garage queen?

We hope to see you in person next June at our annual SC430 rally weekend in Coventry.

Great colour but I am biased 😉 

Anthony

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lexiguy said:

Hi Steve

Welcome to LOC, you look like you purchased a fine example, will it be a daily driver or a garage queen?

We hope to see you in person next June at our annual SC430 rally weekend in Coventry.

Great colour but I am biased 😉 

Anthony

Hi there, this is going to be a driveway Queen. Unfortunately I don’t have a garage. My SC is purely a toy to be enjoyed. Luckily my main car is an estate that does 60/70 mpg, so these fuel savings will finance my Lexus (that’s what my mind is telling me anyway 🤣). You can’t have the penthouse suite with sauna without paying the extra! She’s already been nicknamed the ‘Flash car’ 😋. Took her out to Whitstable yesterday and the dated satnav took me accurately home to my front door. Can’t wait to use the cassette player (I have loads indoors). Steve. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Glyn Jennings said:

Yes welcome Steve. You car is the same year as mine. The SC430 is a great under appreciated car which you will never realise until you own one. Sun is out today so  l have been out in mine. Bit to cold to have the roof down though.

Hi Glyn, sure is a bit cold for the roof down and the trouble is, it can rain at the drop of a hat down here in Kent (as in most of the UK), and if your on the motorway......

• Like 2

On 11/21/2022 at 9:16 AM, Perry Mahoney said:

Welcome Steve, from one newbie to another.  I love the SC430 but it’s just one great big learning curve, eh?

Hi Steve, welcome from another near newbie (bought my blue 07 model in August). I see that you're already conscious that these cars can be a bit thirsty—mine certainly is, given that it's averaging about 18mpg on the eco setting. I'd expect a better figure if I were doing some longer journeys, but zipping about on shorter journeys in London's suburbia is inevitably going to keep that figure low. I'm sure you'll enjoy your 'driveway queen'—especially when you can get out with the roof down!

• Like 2

Had mine Two weeks. On a run at 65mph ... computer average says.. 30.1   ..... mix that up with a bit of town and a few quick bursts of ‘fun’ speed, it says 26 mpg. It seems the range left is very accurate, and my petrol receipts and the trip read out seem to add up. 
I remember the Austin Allegro 1300 that I was given by my parents in the early 80’s did 30 mpg average.... so I’m quite happy! 🤣

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
On 10/4/2022 at 9:46 PM, Paul weeks said:

Hi Anthony have had the wheels refurbished and new Michelin Pilot sport 5 tyres put on. Have done a couple of short runs and the tyres feel good on the road, feels a smother ride. Got a good price on the internet  4 tryres for £512 including post, then Michelin give £60 cash back.

A90D8C6B-E09B-4B1F-830B-A2FDE91B37C5.jpeg

I’m local to you (Minster). Picked my SC up last week. Trying to fix little niggles etc. 

• Like 1

Hi KC

Welcome to our forum but it appears you have been a Lexus Owners Club for over 10 years!

I hope to hear more about your purchase and the niggles tmyou have to sort....complete with pictures please!

Regards, Anthony 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links