Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

High mileage IS 300h

4 minutes ago, Moleman said:

For hybrid vehicles, the service will include a Hybrid Health Check to extend the hybrid component and battery warranty cover. If the vehicle is eligible for the hybrid components and battery cover will be included in the same Lexus Warranty contract until 10 years or 100,000 miles, whichever is soonest. You can then independently extend the hybrid component and battery warranty cover for up to 15 years and unlimited mileage by having a Hybrid Health Check.

In addition to the standard 3 year/ 60,000 mile manufacturer warranty we also offer a 5 year / 60,000 mile warranty for both hybrid components and the hybrid battery. 

Clear as mud.

That's my understanding - 15 years and unlimited mileage. It used to be different (I think the mileage was limited) but changed a few years ago to the 15 years unlimited mileage. 

1 minute ago, royoftherovers said:

I agree that it is open to interpretation,so Colin B, where are you ?🤣🤣

Not sure what's open to interpretation - if you pay for the Hybrid health check (or free with each service done a Lexus dealer) the warranty is extended for another 12 months / 10k miles (whichever comes first) and can continue to be done this way (every 12 months / 10k miles) until he car is 15 years old with unlimited mileage. I've just had my 120k mile service (car is 8 years old) and received my warranty as usual. 

7 minutes ago, Moleman said:

For hybrid vehicles, the service will include a Hybrid Health Check to extend the hybrid component and battery warranty cover. If the vehicle is eligible for the hybrid components and battery cover will be included in the same Lexus Warranty contract until 10 years or 100,000 miles, whichever is soonest. You can then independently extend the hybrid component and battery warranty cover for up to 15 years and unlimited mileage by having a Hybrid Health Check.

In addition to the standard 3 year/ 60,000 mile manufacturer warranty we also offer a 5 year / 60,000 mile warranty for both hybrid components and the hybrid battery. 

Clear as mud.

I agree that the website seems to contradict itself and is confusing. All I can say is that I have had the regular 10k hybrid health checks when getting serviced, and they did replace the HB at 204k miles under that warranty at no cost to me. So I am very happy, and hopefully my experience would be replicated to others who may have HB failures in the future.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wharfhouse said:

Not sure what's open to interpretation - if you pay for the Hybrid health check (or free with each service done a Lexus dealer) the warranty is extended for another 12 months / 10k miles (whichever comes first) and can continue to be done this way (every 12 months / 10k miles) until he car is 15 years old with unlimited mileage. I've just had my 120k mile service (car is 8 years old) and received my warranty as usual. 

If you are agreeing with my initial statement, then further discussion is unneccesssary Phil. I`m still finishing my lunch of a fresh Pork Pie !🤣👍

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, royoftherovers said:

If you are agreeing with my initial statement, then further discussion is unneccesssary Phil. I`m still finishing my lunch of a fresh Pork Pie !🤣👍

Pork pie, yuk 🤮

• Haha 1

As of today the new Lexus car warranty in the UK is 3 years /60k miles except for all the hybrid components which are extended to 5 years / 60k miles. During this time the owner must have the vehicle serviced as per the schedule using genuine parts but by law this can be performed by a non-Lexus dealership.

Once your manufacturer warranty has expired, Lexus Relax warranty is provided free with a service at a Lexus dealership and covers all components including the hybrid system (subject to exclusions) and gives you 12 months / 10k miles warranty - at which point you are due another service and therefore then get a 12 month/10k miles extension up to 10 years/100k miles. The service includes a hybrid health check.

If you don't want to have your vehicle serviced at a Lexus dealer you can just get the £59 hybrid health check which gives you 12 months/10k miles warranty on the hybrid (traction/high voltage) Battery only (not the motor or inverter).

After 10 years/100k miles you no longer qualify for the Relax warranty but if you still get the vehicle serviced at Lexus, or just get a hybrid health check, then your hybrid Battery will be covered up to 15 years old (unlimited mileage).

Initially the hybrid health check only covered up to 10 years but as the first hybrids came up to being 10 years old, Lexus extended it to 15 years. They don't seem to offer beyond 10 years in other European countries and I wonder at some point will they limit it back to 10 years for newer vehicles in the UK.

• Thanks 2

Thank you Colin B for the clarification. When my HB failed I was expecting to have to pay for it as I did not know it would be covered, so a nice surprise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Probably not 4 or 5 if I know Salesmen, Michael.

It is arguable in my book whether the end of a 200,000 mile lifetime is a failure or a natural death Sir !

If he was just talking about the IS300h then I'd be surprised if a single dealership has had to replace 4 or 5 as they are very reliable. I can only remember a couple of occurrences reported here on LOC, both at 180k+ miles.

If he was including other models then yes I'd believe it as the series III GS450h has had more than its fair share of failures, and the RX400h gets Battery damage through water ingress because of glued body seams failing with age.

9 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

If he was just talking about the IS300h then I'd be surprised if a single dealership has had to replace 4 or 5 as they are very reliable. I can only remember a couple of occurrences reported here on LOC, both at 180k+ miles.

If he was including other models then yes I'd believe it as the series III GS450h has had more than its fair share of failures, and the RX400h gets battery damage through water ingress because of glued body seams failing with age.

He was talking about all models, not just the IS300h. Just shows how good the Lexus / Toyota Battery / hybrid system is. I am an Electronic Engineer so I appreciate its reliability when compared to the German / Italian  / US sh*t that I deal with every day in my profession (not vehicle related but CNC machine tools)

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

If he was including other models then yes I'd believe it as the series III GS450h has had more than its fair share of failures, and the RX400h gets battery damage through water ingress because of glued body seams failing with age.

Are you referring Colin to the Gen3 450h registrations prior to 2008?

Are you overlooking the 200,000 miler of member Tony Richa, I think his name was ?

What typically were the more than fair share of Gen3 failures ?

Thanks. I admit to having a vested interest as a Gen 3 owner.

16 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Are you referring Colin to the Gen3 450h registrations prior to 2008?

Are you overlooking the 200,000 miler of member Tony Richa, I think his name was ?

What typically were the more than fair share of Gen3 failures ?

Thanks. I admit to having a vested interest as a Gen 3 owner.

Hi John. Yes the issues were mainly with the 2006/2007 models. There are 6 Battery failures and 2 transmission pump failures in just this one thread, and there are others:

We know Richard @ hybrid Battery solutions because of GS450h Battery failures. He has fixed several for members here, and several people have also fixed transmission issues here by replacing the bearings. Both failures would mean scrapping the vehicle if the owner took it to Lexus to get it repaired as they won't 'fix' the issue just swap out the sub-assembly for thousands of pounds.

The hybrid failures of the GS reported on LOC total more than all the other Lexus hybrids combined. It still isn't a high number but isn't 'Lexus' reliable. The RX400h for example sold 6 times the number of GS450h yet failures are less than half and only really a result of an external issue (water ingress) that is starting to occur because of the vehicle's age. The 400h did suffer an inverter issue but that was dealt with under a recall FOC.

2008 models, there was a slight revision to the Battery pack and they seem more reliable but didn't sell as many so less of a data sample to draw a full conclusion.

2009 onwards with the larger boot capacity and revised Battery pack/electronics seem reliable.

• Thanks 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links