Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

JDM Lexus IS350 2nd Generation

MattDH

• 6 months later...

Well, didn't take me long to get back into a JDM IS350. Selling the 3is to fund a bigger house deposit. This is my one on its way. Seems to be a rare spec as was my 3is. This one has Mark Levinson, Sunroof, ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and it's an F-Sport.

IMG-20230616-WA0034.jpg

IMG-20230616-WA0031.jpg

IMG-20230616-WA0028.jpg

IMG-20230616-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20230616-WA0012.jpg

• Like 5

On 9/24/2022 at 11:23 PM, MartinH said:

Tax regime wd not have been kind to this car had it been offered in the UK. Still, a pity we missed out on it!

They sold IS250 manual which is £600 to tax and there are many many examples of cars that didn't have "kind" tax regime and sold relatively well. CLS500 (actually all CLS range with exception of diesels), SL350, Z350, several models of SAABs and Volvos with 2.3T, as well Lexus own LS and GS models which we can argue sold less units combined that cheaper IS could have sold, not to mention IS-F.

So I just just think somebody in Lexus strategy department being outright stupid. Same can be said about IS220d being manual only for no reason. And by the way - it wasn't just UK, they have not sold it in entire Europe, despite many countries being completely fine as far as tax is concerned (i.e. not having one at all).

20 hours ago, J Henderson said:

Full leather seats too, unlike a UK one.

Yeah... I had that on my European F-Sport too. It was only UK which got half polyester seats as standard and as the only option. 

• 1 month later...

Wow looks like a lovely example Matt 👍.

I'm quite interested in importing/buying an is350. It seems to have a good combination of comfort, reliability and poke 🙂.

If you don't mind me asking which company are you using to find and import the car for you? And how much should I budget for one.

I've seen a black one with cloth interior on Facebook marketplace for 7.8k.

Any advice would be great 😃

6 hours ago, Asdfgh said:

Wow looks like a lovely example Matt 👍.

I'm quite interested in importing/buying an is350. It seems to have a good combination of comfort, reliability and poke 🙂.

If you don't mind me asking which company are you using to find and import the car for you? And how much should I budget for one.

I've seen a black one with cloth interior on Facebook marketplace for 7.8k.

Any advice would be great 😃

http://justjap-imports.co.uk

£7800 for 64k Miles is decent but the seats aren't cloth. They're microsuede. Cloth seats were on base specs. Mine came with this microsuede and they are so soft and comfy it's ridiculous. Just shame it's not black. Just for the sake of doors and seats I wouldn't bother buying one from Japan.. I'd just buy black seats from a UK car for £150  

Thanks for the advice, microsuede sounds good, I guess it won't get too hot in the summer like leather. Not that we get much of a summer!

I do like the look of an F sport though especially the wheels and front grille.

But if a bargain non f sport pops up I may be swayed.

I'm waiting to be accepted on the IS Facebook group, I thinks there's a couple on sale there too 🤞

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/27/2023 at 10:53 AM, Jaystar77 said:

Looks fantastic in pearl white.

Just out of curiousity, do these display speed in kmph only or is there dual reading to get mph as well?

It does look stunning, colour code is 077 - Starfire Pearl

They display kmh only. I've got a HUD plugged into ODB2 port so it provides me with a clear mph reading

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jaystar77 said:

Thanks for confirming Matt, we need dual reading for MOT in Northern Ireland so it's something to factor in.  The ODB2 port is a solid solution.

You can get GPS ones as well which I've had before and just as well as ODB2 ones. However you're limited by the satellites so if you go into a tunnel I doubt it'd work.

• Like 1

Car has been collected as of last week Monday. Drives absolutely amazing, condition is very good. Also came with lots of service history and 3 original keys!!

Already done a few mods, will post about them soon.

Follow me on Instagram if you want to see more updates @jdm_is350_uk 

IMG-20230915-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20230915-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20230915-WA0049.jpg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, J Henderson said:

Very tidy. Have you discovered what that thing under the air vent is yet? 🙂

Haven't looked into it much, but when it boots up it states "Radar Detection System". It does beep and speak Japanese now and then. Thinking to remove it at some point because at night the screen glares on the window right where the wing mirror is making it a bit difficult to see in that mirror.

• 4 months later...

Some more modifications done. Managed to find some super rare (especially in UK) 19" Forged F-Sport wheels. Also had to get specific wheel nuts to fit them. Be rude not to get OEM ones, managed to find a new set from a Lexus dealer in USA.

Screenshot_20240209_164010_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240209_164037_Gallery.jpg

IMG_20240209_164414_210.jpg

IMG_20240209_164421_748.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice! Lovely example you picked up there. All you need now is the F-Sport intake. I had to import one from USA. Had that same intake / exhaust setup when I had an IS250. Sounded great. 

Thanks. I could go all out and get all the F-Sport accessories but would probably cost me as much as the car so not economically viable. 

list of all accessories here - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/315599-lexus-announces-f-sport-line-of-accessories-for-2is.html

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links