Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

As the title suggests, I will probably be saying goodbye to my IS250. I wasn't planning on selling it, but someone asked if I'd sell and I said yeah, sure. So the said person is supposed to be collecting the car on Saturday, as is.

It may be a goodbye to my IS250, but I won't be parting my ways with Lexus just yet. I am planning on getting a MK3 GS300 instead as I want the reliability and comfort for day-to-day driving, but I am also in the process of purchasing another weekend toy, manual Nissan 300ZX targa top, from someone local to me. I've wanted the Nissan for a long time and I think it's just meant to be. Someone wants to buy my Lexus and at the same time a 300zx for a reasonable price pops up? Fate perhaps? The 300ZX isn't mint, but it runs & drives, is solid underneath but the bodywork will need attention. Some rust patches are bubbling up under the paint in a few areas of the car, so I will be looking at fixing that over the coming weeks/months. I think it will be a case of a full respray eventually as the 32 years old paint is a bit tired at this point.

KAJ05072.jpg

KAJ05092.jpg

30zzx.png

• Like 2

Big fan of the 300zx, had one

Watch it in the wet on bends putting your foot down, they can be lethal!

Had an auto and converted it to a manual. Uprated turbos, intercooler, pistons, fuelling, injectors etc etc.

Went like a rocket, that was totally rust free.

Potential issues, knock sensor and make sure the turbos are in good order as changing them is a nightmare. You need to take the engine out but i have heard of folk cutting holes in the wings to do it(from memory)

Jeff TT migh still be around, he knows them inside out,

Luke Borg, also.

Mine, miss it, 18 years ago now

AC71B8D5-5EE8-4571-AD51-417BBDA5C1A7.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SeanR said:

Big fan of the 300zx, had one

Watch it in the wet on bends putting your foot down, they can be lethal!

Had an auto and converted it to a manual. Uprated turbos, intercooler, pistons, fuelling, injectors etc etc.

Went like a rocket, that was totally rust free.

Potential issues, knock sensor and make sure the turbos are in good order as changing them is a nightmare. You need to take the engine out but i have heard of folk cutting holes in the wings to do it(from memory)

Jeff TT migh still be around, he knows them inside out,

Luke Borg, also.

Mine, miss it, 18 years ago now

AC71B8D5-5EE8-4571-AD51-417BBDA5C1A7.jpeg

Thanks! It's only a DE (N/A) the one I'm getting (hopefully). TT Manuals are silly money, and to be honest I didn't want the ballache of having to deal with TT issues - there will be lots to sort out without having to even open the bonnet as it is. Price was right, can't complain. I'm just glad it's a manual and standard tbh. Other than alloys it's not been molested by max power body kits like the majority of them😂 My plan for it isn't anything drastic. Coilovers, wheels, exhaust, steering wheel (something smaller as I'm 6'2), 99+spec tail lights and a boot spoiler. Just like in the pic I attached. TwinDesign in the states do some really nice stuff. 

TwinZ Type3 wing 1-2.jpg

• Like 1

Very sensible buying the N/A, less hassle.

Yes, the facelift look much better, they changed the front too which i thought looked good.

Very retro now, cool to see them on the road still, see a grey one near me occasionally.

Remember watching Kill Bill, with the black car the girl was driving, made me wish i still had mine.

Don't think they were serious rust buckets, a few spots where they were known to go, but repairable.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SeanR said:

Cant believe he is still going, but i used to use this guy. logistics page (zedworld.co.uk)

Always had cars outside, some for spare parts.

He did my manual conversion.

Geoff or Jeff TT. (not sure which), good guy.

Funnily enough I read something on the 300ZX OC yesterday and apparently that the guy who ran Zedworld has retired. But thanks for the tip

Actually, think you would need a DeLorean time machine for any garage i can recommend lol, 

To be honest, they are a lot more straight forward than todays motors 

Another thing to watch out for, old engine wiring harness issues.

Seen it with 300zx and Skylines, they get brittle over the years, seen a few guys replace them.

• Like 1

UPDATE:

My Lexus has now been SOLD. Someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse, got a train all the way from Kent and drove it home sunday afternoon. I then went to Leeds to have a look another 300ZX that was meant to be super clean, mint condition and all that. The car wrapped in white, and you could see the bubbling arches through the wrap. Safe to say the paint must've been :censored: under it. It wasn't really in a condition I wanted. Ran very good, but bodywork wasn't amazing.

Anyway.. Walked away from it, drove home and on the way down I found a 1999 Toyota Mark II JZX100 with 1JZ engine for sale in Solihull. Went to look at the car yesterday. It's completely standard, no mods, super clean, bodywork and paintwork is immaculate. Underneath looks better than my GT86 lol. I drove it for 20mins or so, car works as it should, sounds very healthy, interior in superb condition, engine too. Honestly over the moon with the condition of the car. I left him a deposit this morning after I checked with my insurance company (Brentacre) if they would insure it and they said no problem. Now I just have to wait ~2 weeks before the dealer gets the logbook. The car is a fresh Japanese import and needed registration so there are no plates at the moment. MOT was done via VIN number as DVLA needs to know it's roadworthy before registering it... I'm currently car sharing and I'm super excited for the Mark II to be at home so I can start doing bits to it.

I've attached a picture of my goal and picture of what the car looked like yesterday.

IMG_3838.JPG

IMG_3843 2.JPG

IMG_3846 2.JPG

IMG_3847 2.JPG

IMG_3848 2.JPG

IMG_3849 2.JPG

IMG_3852 2.JPG

IMG_3853 2.JPG

IMG_3854 2.JPG

IMG_3857 2.JPG

url 4.JPEG

Edited by ColinBarber
  • Like 2

Looks mint, as often they do straight from Japan! cool car

Bad luck about the zx. If its any consolation i once drove all the way from Manchester to some place on the coast of Scotland to look at a zx.

It started snowing on the way there, was a nightmare. I got there and it was obvious the car was 2 cars welded together, the gap between the doors was ridiculous.The guy said it was mint on the phone lol.

Coming home, got a speeding ticket and broke an alloy on a pot hole.

Needed a beer when i got back haha

Ps, think the engine in your new motor is the same i had in my old gs300, great motors!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links