Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can someone measure the boot space for me please?

Hi all looks like I'm almost there finding a 2011 IS250, but I'm buying from a Lexus dealer miles away and need to check something 

My mother uses this folding wheelchair and I'm hoping it will fit sideways in the boot. I wouldn't need anything else in there at the same time.

The chair is 29x25x10 inches when collapsed. Can anyone quickly check if this would fit?

Thanks in advance.

ATC19-BK_Travel_Chair_2_6b84d4f0-30bb-4a61-a610-face09122523_765x765.jpg

Fantastic thanks deal struck with Teeside on their white 2011 Advance.

Needs a full service, some tyres and a weeping shock so hopefully will be in fine health when ready, and they are refurbing the black wheels to silver for me 

I'm in South Wales so it's all been done remotely which is scary! 🙂

6f404886ed39489c8d3c60d110278414.jpg

Bought mine this way too.

Guy on the phone seemed a real gent, they had it up on the ramps and everything whilst we talked it over.

I told him i would only buy it if the bodywork was totally rust free, he assure me there was no rust whatsoever.

They delivered it on a trailer and i walked out to take a look.

Imagine how $%$$ off i was to see a small thin strip of surface rust on the back wheel arch!

Anyways, they paid for the repair. According to the guy that did the repair, rust is rare on these and usually the result of a botched dent repair, which is what he thought it was.

Anyways, make sure you ask all you need to. 

Sounding like a dumb question but does the mk2 IS suffer from rust?

This is the Lexus dealer selling so is be expecting it to be of a standard, but maybe I'm over optimistic?

That's good. I'll ring them in the morning and mention it specifically.

They said there was a stone chip on the bonnet which had been poorly addressed and bubbled but nothing else.

Well this didn't go well. I emailed the dealer asking how bad the bonnet rust is, why it's not been addressed as part of approved prep and is there any other rust.

I got a call rather than email back, I presume to avoid an audit trail.

They won't fix it because it's too costly, it wouldn't be covered under any warranty, and while there's no other rust obvious they won't put it on a ramp to check beyond the approved inspection check, I guess it takes up workshop cost?

I said it's disappointing Lexus are happy to retail an approved car with rust, to which he said they're not.... I said it's rusting though yes? Yes. And it's approved yes? Yes.

I think they are making it up as they go so I'm back to looking and have to wait upto 10 days for my deposit back. Grrr

13 hours ago, Pete-r said:

Well this didn't go well. I emailed the dealer asking how bad the bonnet rust is, why it's not been addressed as part of approved prep and is there any other rust.

I got a call rather than email back, I presume to avoid an audit trail.

They won't fix it because it's too costly, it wouldn't be covered under any warranty, and while there's no other rust obvious they won't put it on a ramp to check beyond the approved inspection check, I guess it takes up workshop cost?

I said it's disappointing Lexus are happy to retail an approved car with rust, to which he said they're not.... I said it's rusting though yes? Yes. And it's approved yes? Yes.

I think they are making it up as they go so I'm back to looking and have to wait upto 10 days for my deposit back. Grrr

Suppose you cant expect a 10 year old car to be in perfect condition.

I only wanted to bring to attention a possible rust issue on the car, it is only the anti roll bar so not the end of the world.

Surprised they wont view it though to make sure all ok, [probably dont want the hassle of dealing with it.

Agreed to buy the white 8k car in Bristol instead, looks nicer condition and the service history is spot on whereas the Teeside car was latterly serviced at non Lexus and every 15k/2y.

Doesn't have the facelift DRL lights (10 plate vs 61) but does have ventilated seats which on black leather will be handy in summer. 

After a lot of meeting shuffling I was able to get the car today. Overall really pleased but want to ask the forum for thoughts on the lack of car mats. There wereb mats in the car in the video they emailed to me, but when I asked I was told "no mats, maybe they were hanging" (her words).

Would you press them and be narked or just buy a set?

Cheers.

Yes lovely colour. As for the mats. If you got it from a lexus dealer then definitely get them to send you some. If from an Independent then just go on lexus parts direct and buy some.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links