Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

LS430 front suspension question

Redefined

Hi all. I'm going to look at a car in which the MOT history states, 'front coil springs corroded' as advisory. Am I safe to assume this might mean that the car is on standard hydraulic suspension, at least upfront... Or is it more likely the MOT tester got his/her words mixed up.

I cant imagine the air struts having room for coil fitment you see. This here diagram seems to suggest that it's one or the other regatds the actual springs

20221028_111739.jpg

Hi Shafiq

It means either, the air suspension has been converted to springs or it maybe one of the handful "non air suspension" LS430s that came to the UK - these were pre-facelift models and did not have the wooden steering either.

do you have a link to the car?

• Like 2

Thanks Malc. Yes, it looked in good nick for the age too. Couldn't see any rust and the slight marks and scratches were nothing to write home about. Air con was cold and the steering adjust motor seemed to be on the way out (or just an electrical connection).

Didn't waste too much time and it drove lovely. Slight jerk on putting into reverse but I'll see how it goes. Left the chap a deposit. Was straight talking russian chap that's been selling high powered cars for some time. Straight talking and no BS like yesterday (I left my satnav Quadlock mount there and after acknowledging he has it, ignoring my calls thereafter... lost my car keys too which he said he'd check the car for but ignoring my calls now 😊).

But dirty inside and some of the manual mechanics don't seem to be working but I'll live with that... £200 deposit left... collect on Monday hopefully 😊

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links