Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Installing map update

I have a message saying 'Map is too old', and I have a 2022v2 update with an activation code which I am trying to install. Following the instructions in the manual I have downloaded the update from the MyLexus website onto a USB memory stick, but when I insert the USB stick into the car I get a message 'Checking USB device. Wait...' and then nothing happens. Can anyone help? 

Check the following:

"Verify that the directory named ‘FMU’ is in the root directory, and that following files are inside ‘FMU’: - FMU_PONXXX_1.iso - FMU_PONXXX_2.iso - FMU_PONXXX_3.iso - FMU_PONXXX_4.iso Where ‘XXX’ is the same for all four files"

I am attaching:

Detailed "Map Update Guide"Map Update Dealer Guide.pdf

Brief "Map Update Guide"

Info on how to Install.png

I have 2021 NX 300h running the same map version. A similar message appeared on the screen and it also said to go to the dealer for the update. The local dealer was not particularly helpful and told me to wait until the next service, about 10 months away. Alternatively, book it in after Christmas and they'd take a look.

• 2 weeks later...

6 hours ago, ALAW said:

You can also download the update which is twice a year apparently via wifi direct to the car. Personally i use android auto.

Be careful doing the OTA update as it can break the speed camera alert function. Only remedy is to reload via USB, or the dealership who really don't like doing map updates as it can take a couple of hours...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Goodplan53 said:

Thank you Kok8

This looks very complicated! What is TechDoc? 

Tim

Hi Tim, I am attaching photo’s on how to access Tech Doc, please keep in mind that at a certain point of time you will be asked to register.

In general, the update procedure that I use, is the following:

a. First go to Tech Doc and download the map.

b. Transfer it to a recently formatted USB of at least 16GB to fat32 format.

c. Take with you the laptop and have a free time of about 2 hours for beginner and go to the amazing UX.

d. Turn on Share Data on your phone and log in to your phone data via wifi settings of your laptop and access the internet or log on to your home wifi, if that it is possible.

e. Access the Tech Doc via the pages I have provided to you.

f. If you not feel comfortable of the above-mentioned procedure, just have the map updated by your local Lexus dealer.

TechDoc (1).png

TechDoc (2).png

TechDoc (3).png

TechDoc (4).png

TechDoc (5).png

You are most kind Georgios, thank you for taking the time to explain.

I will have another go as you suggest and will report back via this forum.  In the meantime, I have figured out how to use apple CarPlay - which allows me to use Waze and other apps - amazing!

All the best

Tim

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links