Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Temporary loss of audio system, satnav, phone, etc - 2012 RX450h Premier

Hi Guys, 

I have an issue with my 2012 RX450h where sometimes after its been garaged for a day or two, I lose my audio system, Bluetooth connection, etc.  plus the ability to programme the Satnav although the screen will still show where I am going.  Then it will come back an hour or two later (or sooner) - completely random it would seem.

Any ideas what the problem could be please, and what to do to cure it?

Thanks, 

Peter 

Absolutely no idea at all, that's a weird one is that.

Complete guess but could be a poor connection behind the head unit. I'd get it out and make sure all plugs are securely in their respective sockets, but that's all I can think of.

Ooh, just thought - if it's a touch screen then all these things have the digitiser in common. Maybe that's going faulty?

Thanks Herbie and Zotto,

the Battery is about three years old and has never been a problem. Maybe if I disconnected it to try to reboot the system it may help?

Any other suggestions?  I can’t believe this is a one off problem. 

23 minutes ago, PSB10K said:

Any other suggestions?  I can’t believe this is a one off problem. 

Never seen this issue reported on LOC before so isn't a common issue. It does sound like bad wiring or solder joint on the headunit, and if it is temperature related then I'd expect it to get worse as winter closes in.

When it occurs again try resetting the system by holding the audio power button in for 8 seconds to see if that brings it to life earlier than just leaving it to do its own thing. It is safe to do this whilst driving.

This isn't the problem I'd expect with a low Battery but you should rule it out by measuring the Battery voltage after the vehicle has been left overnight and hasn't been put into Ready mode yet. Anything below 12.2 v would be cause  for concern, and would be worth fully charging it up with an external Battery charger.

It also won't hurt to disconnect the Battery for a couple of minutes to reset everything but isn't normally something that needs to be done, and you will need to reinitialise the power door, windows etc so the auto functions work correctly.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links